Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 giving me fits

FishingFool

obviously you have purchased a defective M2. i tell ya what i am willing to do. i will buy that obviously defective POS off of you for a mere $500, so you won't have to worry about such silly obstructions again! (NO?)

:cheers:

Is the bolt locking back (as it does when the last round is fired) - or will a push forward on the bolt handle cause the round to move up and get chambered (without depressing the bolt release)?

This is what I was thinking. My g/f and I both bought M2s at the same time. I never had an issue with the bolt, but hers would hang slightly every once in a while, and could be forced forward by hand. We had Robbie Wheaton trick them both out; I explained the issue, and he said one of the areas he works on the bolt helps to prevent that hanging bolt issue. Sure enough, no such issue since we got it back.

I thought that was the original culprit but its not. I have a brand new spring in to no avail. Any other ideas?

Ok, on the brand new spring…how much free length do you have?

I don't remember offhand but I never cut it. I put a brand new wolf spring in. The extension I have is the longest nordic makes plus their xtra long cap so I can get 12 rounds in the tube.

I've having an issue where the next shotgun shell is on the lifter but the lifter isn't going up and the bolt is back. Has anyone every experienced this?

Mine does the same thing , I just pull or push the bolt forward. It happens on occasion while I practice loading the shotgun. The problem has never happened during a match, thankfully.

Edit: This is not happening every shot. Only 1 or 2 times per 100 rds.