Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kimber?

bangclang

The kimbers are a pretty good gun IF they have the internal extractor and not the external extractor. The extrernal extractor is junk and was causing problems thus why they quit making it. The parts previously discussed are not series 80 parts which affects the trigger pull. The Kimber safety is deactivated by the grip safety. If you have the Rear sight off, you simply remove those parts and the gun functions like a normal 1911. I had one gun with them that they are removed from after having the part under the rear sight causuing the gun to become a paperweight(looked like it would fire hammer dropped and all but firing pin wouldnt drop as the fp safety was not able to be removed)

I am starting to appreciate the Kimber Custom 2 I bought in 2006. The trigger was fine- re-springing the gun made a big difference, and sights/magwell. If the gun works great, if not be prepared to pay someone or learn how to fit a quality extractor and tune the ejector. Keep it wet. Once they run they are generally accurate, and have nice trigger pulls/features: you just need to make sure the gun will function properly.

G'day.

I run a Kimber Stainless Target II in 38 Super for Classic Division (Single Stack) for IPSC here in OZ.

A little trigger work, S&A Magwell and a bit of skate tape and she is good to go.

Edited by Ausglock

Good morning all. I picked up a new Custom 2 on the cheap and decided to shoot SS with it. Trigger job, magwell and fiber optic front sight and it ran perfect. They are very durable, reliable and have match grade barrels and are more accurate than u are. Look at Clark Custom website and see what they have to say about it. You'll be impressed. That is where mine is at now getting some facelift work done.

I have 4 and I shoot a Stainless Target II in SS and a 9mm Team match in IDPA. As every one said, run it wet, ensure that the extractor is properly adjusted and you are good to go.

Then of course you will want some aggressive VZ grips, A dawson magwell and a Fiber optic front sight. :cheers: