Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Infinity California Stock Gun Championship

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SVI4ME.............L10 and Production will be their own divisions. As far as RO's go, I know that they will shoot for free but not sure yet on how the assignments are going to go. We have talked about a SQUAD RO that travels the match and shoots with that squad. After all everyone knows how relaxed this match always is. I like the idea....What do you guy's think? On another note.........Lunch will be served both days FREE...........and dont forget the Swedish Bikini Team.........It's my understanding that we will have not 4 but 6 Swedish girls for our perusal........What more can we give!!

Ivan......There were about 5 people involved in stage designs. They will be singled out at the match and pointed at by everyone...I swear I had nothing to do with any of them :unsure:

Stay tuned all

Robb Woods

Team Infinity

Well by the looks of the schedule you can't have it like the last couple matches we have been to. Afternoon or morning off.

We could have the squad RO themselves or a traveling RO with the squad. Kinda like a two day local match except for the 6 hotties and free lunch and cool prize table ;-). Can't go wrong.

I like the concept of squads all day long. When we RO'd the other two matches we had squad jumpers and it screwed up the schedule and through everything off. This should move smoothly.

... snip ...  We have talked about a SQUAD RO that travels the match and shoots with that squad.  ... snip ...

Robb Woods

Team Infinity

That would be like a typical club match, but aren't you asking for a bit of trouble if the stages are not RO'ed consistantly like they would be with a stage RO? Not that anybody snivels......

... snip ... and dont forget the Swedish Bikini Team.........It's my understanding that we will have not 4 but 6 Swedish girls for our perusal........What more can we give!!

Robb Woods

Team Infinity

Only 6? :rolleyes:

Later,

Chuck

Oh Yeah: Are T5 and T6 in "Baluga Dudes" clamshells or what?

Hey Chuck.........inconsistentcy in the ROing was a concern with the "Travelling" idea. We think we can overcome that with good stage design and using the stage designers themselves as RO's.........Everyone would be intimate with every stage.......or we could just tell every shooter to shoot the stages the same way ;) .........It'll work out nicely I'm sure..........What's a Baluga Dude anyway??.........Dont memorize the stages as they are being changed.........We are taking out some of the busyness so nobody has a brain fart :wacko: ..........The match is filling up so hurry with your apps...........We dont want alot of walk-ons the day of the match to bogg us down.........Though you will not be turned away, the penalty will be no viewing of the Hotties!!

more later

Robb Woods

Team Infinity

Robb,

Thanks for your reply. That's what I was thinking: If the stage design is good, there should be no need for precision instructions and interpretations from the RO. In other words: You start like this and on the signal, shoot 'em as you see 'em.

"Baluga" is (was?) stage 2. The stages didn't look too prone to brain fade but they did look like there were going to be a bunch of interesting shots with all the movers.

I am already in (shooter #4!). Looking forward to a great match!

Thanks again!

Chuck

....and dont forget the Swedish Bikini Team.........It's my understanding that we will have not 4 but 6 Swedish girls for our perusal........What more can we give!!

You'd better have at least one competent photographer dedicated to following them around the match. I demand it, and on this I am intractible!

;)

....and dont forget the Swedish Bikini Team.........It's my understanding that we will have not 4 but 6 Swedish girls for our perusal........What more can we give!!

You'd better have at least one competent photographer dedicated to following them around the match. I demand it, and on this I am intractible!

;)

Rhino,

We have many oppressive laws here in California when it comes to shooting. One of the more obscure ones is the list of states that we are prohibited from exporting match photos to. Unfortunately, Indiana leads the list.

Sorry,

Chuck

We have many oppressive laws here in California when it comes to shooting. One of the more obscure ones is the list of states that we are prohibited from exporting match photos to. Unfortunately, Indiana leads the list.

You ... FIENDS!

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update on the match

We found a photographer that will be dedicated to taking pictures of all you "gentelmen".........I use that word loosely..........And guess what??........She's a hottie too!!! ..............On stage design.....A stage has been modified so that we shoot from the top of a skeet tower down about 20 feet or so.........Looks like a hell of a lotta fun and sooo different from the usual stages we see all year..........all the other mods are shaping up nicely...I know everyone will love this match!!....nothing on RO's yet.

more later

Robb Woods

Team Infinity

Robb,

I just took a look at the new stage diagrams. Being a person who can fall for no reason, drop anything and just generally have a bad time in the physical world as we know it, I have a question: Where is the gun ( :o )when we are climbing up the platform in Stage 4?

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone needs to pray to the shooting gods that this upcoming weekend is NOT like this past weekend. Windy and cold in Sylmar (high 30s, IIRC). Doesn't equate to good shooting for those of us born and raised in CA. Besides that, the SBT would have to be over-dressed, and we do NOT want that.

"Oh, shooting gods, hear my prayer!!! Sunnyandseventytwo, sunnyandseventytwo, sunnyandseventytwo!!!"

Hi all...........been really busy and havent had time for an update...........The stages are beeing built as I type and all is well.......Looks like we will have roaming RO,s a good idea I think. Ihave had a lot of shooters ask if they could shoot thru on Saturday because of the holiday weekend and family and all. Yes you may, but on Saturday only.........We need to be timely on Sunday so that we all get home at decent time to kick all that family out of our homes :D ........

Hey chuck........Hopefully still in your strong hand with your finger out of the trigger gaurd :P you will have fired some rounds allready.

sunnyandseventytwo..........sunnyandseventytwo

Have a wonderfull Thanksgiving everyone and well see ya at the match!!

Robb Woods

Team Infinity

Hey y'all I am so pumped looking forward to seeing what you California guys have to offer.

Hopefully the shooting gods will keep being good to me. The only 8 hour strech without rain in the last week here in Central Texas was during a club match in Waco last weekend.

The stages look great and I want to thank the people that are putting all the work in ahead of time. See you guys there, and Happy shooting.

SUNNYANDSEVENTYTWO SUNNYAND SEVENTYTWO SUNNYANDSEVENTYTWO

Robb,

First of all, I want to thank you and your team for putting this match together at the time of year where none of us seem to have any spare time! Kudos to all!

On shoot-thrus: I understand the need for this but let's try to manage this properly so us folks who are willing to shoot this in two days don't wind up under the lights on Saturday. For example, the shoot-thrus shoot during lunch... Remember, sunset is at 4:44 PM!

"Hey chuck........Hopefully still in your strong hand with your finger out of the trigger gaurd :P you will have fired some rounds allready."

That seems like a reasonable plan :huh: (is that climb stairs or a ladder?)

Thanks a bunch for what looks to be a great match!

Later,

Chuck

:o OPPS, forgot:

SUNNYANDSEVENTYTWO SUNNYAND SEVENTYTWO SUNNYANDSEVENTYTWO

(Never do the NO RAIN chant; remember Woodstock...)

OHHH NNOOOOO.

That is were we ran into the problems last year with everyone shooting through.  Shooting into the night and no lunch.  Just make sure that squads have the preference and not individuals. :blink:

Yup, that's what I am thinking. Nite match.... :(

SBT were no-shows...............But you can't control the weather.

Thanks to the guys that put the match on. And an extra thanks to all the sponsors.

My after match feelings (nobody take this personally, constructive criticism)

1. The Sunday Morning shoot throughs that made the scoring take 1.5 hours after everbody else was done was ridiculous.

2. Match was too expensive, for none of the match entry fee going to the winners.

3. As a newer shooter, I am less likely to come back to your match because of how you ran the prize table. Most matches that I have been to pay cash out of the entry fees to the winners and the prize table is a raffle that gives everyone a chance to win without having been the best shooter. Prize table had a lot of good stuff on it, but the fact that all the best stuff went to GM's and M's makes someone struggling to try to win C feel pretty left out.

4. The roaming squad RO thing doesn't work for a major match. While waiting for results I heard a number of people talking about how stages were "gamed" in ways that were procedurals when we ran the same stage. Stage RO's would have ruled that out.

Don't want to sound like a whiner, but just my thoughts.........See everyone at Space City, hopefully.

Edited by BigLucky