Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walking Dead Multi Gun 2012 Dallas, TX.

Great match...still relaxing and trying to stay awake until about 1800 tonight...I really am trying to get back to the regular schedule.

Very technical match, small targets and low light conditions made for a lot of mistakes. My Glock puked about 0330 this morning... Not sure if it was the cold on the plastic or if I should have used lighter lube. Our squad started with 14, 2 DQed with unsafe gun handling on the first stage, 3 more quit outright. You really wanted to do this! Had lots of fun, the prize table was a great plus.

Jeff did an outstanding job and should take a bow. Of course the ROs did amgreat job!

All Zombies were killed but it is sad so many inocents had to be sacrificed.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super fun match. Shooting at night is certainly a challenge and there were plenty of zombies left by myself and others to seed the next crop. Many thanks to Jeff, the RO's (excellent work by all of them in a difficult night setting), sponsors (Freedom Ammunition, Black Rain, TNVC, just to name a few of the major ones). TNVC's IR and laser stage was right up there with the mini-gun stage at LaRue a few years back and the guys from TNVC were happy to discuss their product with everyone who just dreams of spending their kids college funds on the funnest toys around.

Next year I will be bringing a case of hand warmers from Costco!!!

The ROs did an excellent job! These overnight matches really test the patience of an RO, and these guys did awesome.

Thanks to the volunteers, organizers, and sponsors!!!

Hello everyone!

We hope that each of you were able to get some rest today.

Just e-mailed the final scores by division and by overall stage.

I can't thank EVERYONE involved in this match enough! OUR R/O's MADE THIS MATCH THE SUCCESS THAT IT WAS! :bow:

Thank you to all of our great sponsors for supporting us and blessing our shooters with a KILLER prize table! ;)

Next:?

BIGGER...BETTER...STRONGER!

SPECIAL DRAWING: :eatdrink:

Advanced Armament Corporation GENEROUSLY donated two uppers!

Our eight year old daughter Breanna will be drawing the names of the two lucky competitors at random!

Only shooters who persevered and shot the entire match (without D.Q.) will be entered!

We will announce the winners on all of our social media outlets as well as by e-mail.

Each winner will receive an A.A.C. Upper 9", 12" or 16" RETAIL VALUE OF $1080! :cheers:

We will announce the winners tomorrow night (Monday) at 8 p.m. Central time!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

We will email the proper AAC contact info and instructions to the winner, as well as email AAC with the winners info.

NOTE #2 If anyone got home and realized that they had an extra black backpack please contact me. One of our shooters returned to stage #1 to find that his was missing. We would like to think that this was an honest mistake. Lets help get his gear back to him!

NOTE: On the score sheet Stage #7 is actualy the score for stage #8 because stage #7 was dropped from scoring due to an error.

Stay safe!

We started shooting at 7pm and finished at 5:30AM. Left the prize table as the sun was coming up. 8 stages. Definitely worth the $125 match fee. Plus it's only 3 hours away from home. I managed to place 6th of out 52 shooters in irons.

I had hand warmers but wish I would have brought my full winter gear from my hunting days up der north in WI! I'll definitely go back next year. Managed to sleep for an hour on the way home (thankfully my driver did not sleep on the way home!) and another few hours yesterday afternoon.

Positive Feedback:

1. The RO's did a great job of getting shooters through the stages. I was worried about backups on the car stage but we only had to wait for a few shooters.

2. Food was great. Thanks to Freedom for buying dinner! Breakfast burritos and hot chocolate at 4:30AM kept me going.

3. Red Bull as a sponsor was very cool.

4. Prize table was great especially for a non major match.

5. Stages were challenging and headshots were even more challenging!

6. Shooting from a moving vehicle was a blast.

7. Pre-match communication was great and all questions were quickly answered.

I only have 2 pieces of constuctive criticism.

1. RO's should read the stage description for all squads to keep things consistent between all squads. The stage walkthrough should not be "Ok here's how you do this stage...."

2. Prop guns should not be on the clock. I averaged 83 points on the stages I shot with my gear but only got 57 points on the stage with a thermal scope and a very sticky safety.

Here are the final results:

Final_Irons1.pdfFinal_Optics1.pdf

Edited by wideerhunter

Stages were great, well thought out, I enjoyed the "scenarios" that went with each. I had a good time.

Many thanks to all involved so we could come out and play. Special thanks to the staff that worked all night. These folks stayed up all night Friday, ROs, stats, and all, shot, worked out the bugs, left around 7:30 am, got a couple hours sleep :yawn: ,

then came back out and did it again so we could shoot. :cheers: Many thanks.

Thanks to all the sponsors, very nice prize table.

As for next time, how about some long range rifle thrown in, (and MAYBE only one key for the locked door on a quick time stage :sight::ph34r: )

Looking forward to the Walking Dead Multi-Gun 2013 announcement.

Take care.

That'd be great. They both had to be working keys, because I would've picked the wrong one if there was one, the way my luck was going.

Ditto on the ROs! Very fun and revealing of my weaknesses using a weapon with light.

Check our F.B. Page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/277222222390564/

Stage #1 video shot in night vision from the back of a moving UTV. Shooter engaging steel targets in/around real cars then a slew of paper Zombies with no shoots mixed in from the passenger side of the UTV.

Professional video crew shot the entire match in slow mo and Night Vision! More to come. :surprise:

Must say, the match was educational; but then I know I suck shooting tactical tupperware (especially at night with a light). Learned some things and know what to do differently next time. Overall it was completely different than your normal multigun match but really enjoyable. Count me in next time.

Dale

• 4 weeks later...