Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 problems

jr. 3 gunner

I was at the range today with my Gen 4 Glock 34 trying out some 147gr American Eagle that I had bought and had about 6 or 7 FTE's. I'm thinking it could be the factory recoil spring in it, but I am by no means any sort of expert on Glocks. It fed the 115's I shot just fine with no failures. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me an explanation because I'd like to shoot 147's for competition as they felt significantly softer recoiling than the 115's.

Thanks

could be old ammo,or gun needs more breakin time,ussually glocks are not ammo sensitive,i shoot 147 grain berrys with 3.4 tight group

and dont have problems,try a new box of 147 grain somthing else another brand might work better.

could be old ammo,or gun needs more breakin time,ussually glocks are not ammo sensitive,i shoot 147 grain berrys with 3.4 tight group

and dont have problems,try a new box of 147 grain somthing else another brand might work better.

Okay thanks, that makes sense because my gun has only had about 300-350 rounds through it.

I was at the range today with my Gen 4 Glock 34 trying out some 147gr American Eagle that I had bought and had about 6 or 7 FTE's. I'm thinking it could be the factory recoil spring in it, but I am by no means any sort of expert on Glocks. It fed the 115's I shot just fine with no failures. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me an explanation because I'd like to shoot 147's for competition as they felt significantly softer recoiling than the 115's.

Thanks

I have to tell you that the same thing happened to me over the weekend. I usually shoot my own 147 reloads, but I was given a goodly supply of eagle 147's so I thought I would run them. Stout shots, felt much firmer than my 140 PF reloads. First couple ejected hard, then one just plain jammed in the chamber. This was a full blown, case peeled back from the bullet in spots jam. Cleared it out, stopped shooting and unloaded every single one of them back into the box. Played the rest of the day with my own reloads.

I may use them in another gun for plinking, but they won't go through my 34's again.

Edited by vluc

This is interesting. I have not had any issues with the AE 147gr ammo in my G17 and G34 with 13# recoil springs or a G19 that is bone stock. I just ordered more of this ammo so I will keep my eye on it. Thanks.