Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 24 Limited setup

TimAustinTX

Magwell, sights of your choosing and a 15 pound recoil spring, and +5 mag extentions.

Mine was set up with dawson super heavy magwell, dawson adj rear and .115 black front sight. I Then had a tungsten guide rod and 15pound ismi recoil spring and vanek trigger. My mag extentions were dawson as well

Any trigger preferences? I'm running the Vogel kit in my G34 I was thinking of running the same one.

I would run the same trigger or close to it so that youre not tyring to retrain yourself if your switching divisions alot.

+1 one on the others...

+5 basepads, heavy mag well, get the gun to fit your hand (grip reduction, undercut on trigger guard, stippling), good sights (I'd stay with the same as your other glock pistol)

McGlock

www.customglockshooters.com

SJC SUPER HEAVY BRASS MAG WELL,the heaviest made.Tungsten guide rod. Bomar or Dawson adjustable sight.

"I Then had a tungsten guide rod and 15pound ismi recoil spring and vanek trigger. My mag extentions were dawson as well"

What Tungsten GR's are ya'll running? Anybody make one that runs all the way to the end of the slide. Most of the long guide rods I see are for 34/35's. What do they weigh?

Edited by mwx40x40

Mine was pretty well tricked out by my friend that previously owned it.

Grip stipple by Boresight Solutions.

Dawson Super Heavy Ice Magwell.

KKM Barrel.

Melted in Bo-Mar style rear sight by Canyon Creek. Plain black Dawson front sight.

JP mag release button.

Glockworx fulcrum trigger and Vanek ejector housing with set screws for both pre- and over-travel.

I'm not even sure what connector is in it, but it works fine.

I think it has a titanium firing pin plunger.

I think the striker is factory.

I transferred a THE Accessories extended tungsten guide rod from another Glock. It's the G35 length.

I use Dawson mag extensions, but I have one Arredondo as well.

The only thing I would like to do to it would be to shave about 2 oz from the slide. It's a bit heavy and slow.

Happy with it so far. I need to get a good pic of it to display.

Well, here's one:

G24b.JPG

Edited by splashdown

That bomar looks nice. I have a 35 but run a similar set up. Heavy brass mag well, glockworxs tungsten extended guide rod, imsi 15 lb spring, Vanek classic trigger, lightened striker, heinie rear, warren FO front (though I have a set of Dawson adjustable to put on it), KKM barrel and Dawson +5 extensions. Though I can only get 20 in one of them the rest are 19.

It shoots great. I think you would be happy with a similar et up.

Edited by Blue Jacket

I went Dawson for sights (Adj. rear, FO front), heavy ice magwell and basepads. I also dropped in a glockworx fulcrum trigger, reduced power striker and mag release springs and a KKM bbl a friend gave me (I use lead sometimes). I tried an uncaptured steel guide rod and RP recoil springs but I went back to the OEM spring and rod. Completely reliable, easy to install and cost effective. Scotch stair tread tape on all the places that need to be grippy.

That bomar looks nice. I have a 35 but run a similar set up. Heavy brass mag well, glockworxs tungsten extended guide rod, imsi 15 lb spring, Vanek classic trigger, lightened striker, heinie rear, warren FO front (though I have a set of Dawson adjustable to put on it), KKM barrel and Dawson +5 extensions. Though I can only get 20 in one of them the rest are 19.

Using the +5 pads, did you modify the followers to try and get more rounds in the mags?

Edited by Rolex40

Out of the package the Dawson extensions would allow 17 or 18 rnds. After tuning followers per their video, I got 19 reloadable in all but one. For some reason that one had an extra coil in the spring. Clipped it off and it holds 19 also. I can squeeze 20 into a couple of the mags but they are not reliably reloadable.

• 2 weeks later...

Using the +5 pads, did you modify the followers to try and get more rounds in the mags?

• 4 months later...