Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Ohio State Match

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The way this match is growing, it should be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Just MHO.

I wanted to keep it simple being my first year. As far as I know we are not hosting in 2014. Next time around we will most likely go with split shooting days available.

Registration form is done but I am trying to figure out how to link it here. Anyone care to enlighten me on adding a PDF to the forums?

Also, Self Squadding I believe is online.

We will be using online squadding and as we receive applications, emails will be generated providing passwords to enable competitors to self squad.

Yep, I'm helping Kevin get things moving.

HAPPY DAYS!! The new webpage is now online. You will find the registration form there as well. We are still working on the page but it will enable you to get registered.

We will keep working on it until it is perfected.

http://www.ohiochampionship.com

Edited to add:

I have given this a lot of thought and have finally decided to announce that I am accepting donations for the families affected by the Sandy Hook tragedy. I have a personal contact in the area who is going to see that any money collected goes directly to the families affected. I believe, if properly coordinated and carried out, we as shooting sportsmen can show our genuine concern for the community and the families who endured the loss of a loved one in this senseless act. We are better than that and I want the community and the country to know it. Forum member Youngeyes has agreed to be my representative on that end. He is a prominent citizen in the community and assures me the gift will be well received. I'll let him speak for himself if he wishes to add anything.

If you would like to be a part of my effort to project a positive image of responsible gun owners it's as simple as adding a small donation onto your match fees for the 2013 Ohio Match. I realize May is 5 months away but the folks there will still be hurting long after that and I think our efforts will be remembered long after as well.

Please consider helping out.

Thanks

Kevin Sanders

Edited by Sarge

I know the prize table is random draw, but do you have to be there to win? I notice not everyone shoots on the same day. I know I won't win anything on my shooting skill. LOL

Also, registration will be in the mail tomorrow. I am looking forward to this match

Other than any of the raffles going on during the match all prizes will be in shooters bags at registration. Even if you win something large, or a gun, you will know it when you register.

Also, we will have all prizes displayed for shooters to see as they register. Shooters bags will be kept slim by having prize info tucked inside.

There will be an FFL on site to do transfers or to coordinate shipping if you are an out of stater.

I just started shooting USPSA in May so I am very nervous about shooting in such a big match only 1 year after starting. I will atleast show up to watch and learn from some of the best.

To be honest, if you have been shooting for a year and you understand the rules don't be worried about shooting a larger match. Our usual monthly matches have 5-6 stages and around 70 shooters. The state match will be 10 stages plus chrono and around 325 shooters. Some stages will be harder than monthly matches others will be easier.

Other than that, it's just a match like any other. You will meet a lot of good people and get to see some big names in the game if they shoot this year. You should consider coming down and shooting the match!

I just started shooting USPSA in May so I am very nervous about shooting in such a big match only 1 year after starting. I will atleast show up to watch and learn from some of the best.

You'll have 1 year under your belt & you'll hate yourself if you don't shoot. It's a blast & you'll be a regular participant every year - remember every single shooter had to bite the bullet & jump in without being the next Vogel or Eusabio.

I shot Area 6 three years ago only 10 months after my first match.

Mark my words....if you show up and watch, you will kick yourself and say "why didn't i sign up to shoot this match!".

Take it from someone that has driven up from SC the last two years. This is a great match, you don't want to miss out. Just treat it like a local match ( just bring more ammo! ). Don't worry about the other competitors or your finish order...you'll do better that way.

Not sure I will be able to make it this year, and I'm pretty bummed about it.

Thank you very much for the motivation to join you guys. I have decided to go ahead and try it out. I might even try to come down and shoot in one of your monthly matches. Thanks again for your positive views.

Craig

Great! Three things for you to consider: one, come to Miamisburg sportsmans club on Monday nights all winter long for a practice league. Excellent way to get some practice in over the winter.

Two, Miamisburg shoots a monthly match all winter on the second Sunday of the month.

Third, MRPC matches start up again in March. Matches are held on the fourth Sunday of the month. April will be an all classifier match in preparation for the season.