Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

magazine no drop Alumiminum grips

ddpenn

I am using the thin aluminmum grips and the magazine will not drop free and have to be forcefully pulled from the gun. Seems like the problem is the aluminum grips.

Does anyone have this problem and is there some solution like using a washer spacer under the grips.

Thanks.

Grip screws too long and protruding into mag well?

Sounds like this especially if the mags were dropping free prior. Did you replace the standard grip screws with the shorter screws made for thin grips?

Easy test. Back out the grip screws and see if it stops. You should also be able to remove the slide and see where the mag is binding.

I don't think that the screws are anywhere near the mag on a CZ. I'm pretty sure they are further back behind the mag. But that being said I could see the screws being too long and one pushing the other into the back side of the mag causing the binding.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I had this problem before, if your magazines drop without the grips installed, then definitely its the grip. you can install the grip one at a time and check if your mags drop free. My experience was older mags work fine with older set of grips, newer mags wont so I ended up buying newer set of aluminum grips.

I'm having a similar issue with one of my mags and my wooden grips on my TS. I got tired of the screws backing out so I torqued them down pretty tight the other day. My #6 mag began to stick after the modification. I'm still working on fixing the problem,but from what I could see last night there's some material that is sticking out inside the frame. I have the grips marked to sand down flush with the flame. I'll report back when I get done. The mag in question was definitely hitting the extra material on the grips.

screws are behind the plate that protects the trigger spring, not sure how they would be contacting the mag.

this problem is happening with 10, 15 and 19 round mags all factory.

It is intermittent, but even when they are dropping free if the gun is not perfectly straight up and down the mags bind.

To be honest if I didnt live in NJ I would have a G34 already and this would be up on gun broker.

Mag Brake is fine, that was the first thing I checked. I may have to buy some lipstick and give the above advice a try. I also may try sanding down some of the material off the mag release to see if that helps as well.

• 1 month later...

Were you able to find a fix for your problem? I'm having mag issues as well.

I have the 10 and 15 round factory mags for my SP01 shadow. My mags will drop freely when empty during dry fire. But when doing live drills and changing mags with a few rounds left I would have issues. After pressing the mag release the mag will pop out about a quarter of an inch and I would have to rip it out to remove the mag.

Other than the intermittent mag issues, I love my Shadow (and I also love my G34).