Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass tumbler?

trp

500 45acp or more

not the frankford arsenal then. I've been using it for years TRYING to break it so I have a decent excuse to get the big dillon, I overfill it till I have to run it while pushing the lid down to get it to seal/close. I run it all weekend overfilled and it's still going strong........ maybe I can just sell this thing.

I had one of those frankford, for like 10 years. I have no clue how many hours I had on that puppy before it finally gave out. The Dillon is STUPID BIG... Like seriously, you don't even know till you get the box at your door. Just get the dillon and you'll never be left wanting. You can fit 50bmg brass in it!!! I'm pretty sure you could put 500 pieces of 45acp brass in there and still have room for the neighbors cat. If you need anything bigger than a dillon, then you might as well rent a cement mixer. Oh and I didn't know till after the fact, Dillon has a smaller one, but even its big too.

Actually the best vibratory tumbler is the Thumbler. It is big, it is an industrial unit. The bowl is not straight sided, it curves in so that the brass and media roll over and mix, the large unit will tumble thousands of .40 at a time. The bowl is removable from the base so that you don't have to lift the entire motor unit to dump it. Good thing because it is Heavy.

500 45acp or more

not the frankford arsenal then. I've been using it for years TRYING to break it so I have a decent excuse to get the big dillon, I overfill it till I have to run it while pushing the lid down to get it to seal/close. I run it all weekend overfilled and it's still going strong........ maybe I can just sell this thing.

How many rounds of 45 do you think you could get in the frankford? Midways running a deal on them right now

I used a Lyman turbo tumbler for about 10 years then splurged when I bought my 650 and got the regular sized Dillon. That was 5 1/2 years ago and now I am back to using the Lyman. The only thing from Dillon that I have been disappointed in. From the threads here their motors don't hold up. I never did quit using the Lyman, I would run both at the same time.

I am a huge fan of the Berrys MFG tumbler. While it will only do the 500 45's and no more they are under 70$ delivered and with a 3 year warrenty on the motor you can buy three of them for the cost of the big dillon and do more rounds with more flexibility and a longer warrenty.

Just my experience.

GT.

What's everyone using , and how many shells does it hold I want something big enough to do like 500 45acp or more any suggestions??

The small Dillon will do 500 45apc. I have 2 - one with walnut and the other with corncob - 2 hrs each.