Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Columbia-Cascade Section C'ship 2004

Shooter registration is on Friday at Tri-County Gun Club on Friday evening. I think the hours are from 5:00PM - 8:00 PM. I was told by match staff this is the only way to know which range to show up on. Half the shooters will start on each range on Saturday and switch the next day. What limited information there is has been posted on the internet.

http://www.columbia-cascade.org/section_championship.htm

Tom Chambers is not the MD for the match. I spoke with him the other night and he is not involved in it's production.

TDean, I'm sure they are dividing the shooters in half and sending the halves to the different ranges.

Now, how do I get squadded with Tom and Chuck?

How sure are you? Last I heard Saturday everyone at one range Sunday everyone at the other range, I'm just not sure which is on what day.

The last time they did the dual range thing, it was basically a swap of half the match (Basically like L2S is stating).

As a side note. I don't know if they're going to have the same doof running the chrono, but watch for a guy that likes to mash triggers on guns with their safety on, drop the safety (on an empty gun), watch the hammer fall, and claim you've got an unsafe gun (after he just fired the damn thing)!

Rich

Erik and tdean,

Emailing mike right now is probably a bad idea. We were told at the last local match that he is really, really busy with his business and is slow in responding to emails. They said it works much better if you call him.

To be sure of squadding together, call him.

Good luck at the match.

Welp, no luck yet with email or tele. Unless I get some direction in the next 24hrs, I guess we'll just have to show up at one of the ranges (probably Tri-County) Sat morning and see what happens? :blink:

How far apart are the ranges?

8am? Is that when shooting starts

TDean and Eric --

I'm going to be heading down on Friday, and checking in on Friday afternoon.

If you want to send me a cellphone number (email, please. Don't know if I will check PM), I'll be glad to find out where you start and call you on Friday night

Bruce

How many people shot it clean? I'll bet I could count'em on two hands :)

Tough match as far as shot difficulty. Lot's of partials, plates and no-shoots.

This was the kind of match where the Open gun shooters could really take advantage of their equipment.

Good weather, fun match.

(PS, I used Masterblaster bullets this match and chrono'd at 190 PF) :blink::blink:

I was shooting stage 9 in the shade and I couldn't hit those plates because I couldn't see my sights. After finally getting the plates and their pop-up papers, I reloaded and acquired the next array. This time the gun and targets were in the sun and I saw some shiny metal on top of the slide where the front sight is supposed to be. I yelled, "Nooooooooooooo!" while hosing the remaining array. The blade broke off my front sight. The base is still in the dovetail cut.

I borrowed Chuck Anderson's backup gun (short dust cover, lightened scalloped slide, bushing barrel, fiber optic front sight) to replace my long dust cover, slab slide, bull barrel, black front sight Limited gun. Oh yeah, his trigger was worse, too, but it had a hole for my Ghost holster. I should have paid attention to his big mag button. On the next stage I dropped magazines all over the place. I even had to pick one up. I finished with my last mag and shot it dry, after switching to the "messy taco hold" grip that kept my weak hand away from the grip.

Prior to the nightmare, I managed to win the classifier with my Limited gun, putting the foo-foo guns in their place. :) Whoopee, 60 points, when I crashed and burned on the 150 point stages.

The match was fast and fun; it ran smoothly. Stage 6 was very difficult. The stages were varied, with a good balance of hosers and difficult shots. There were a couple 180 traps and RO traps. The weather was warm and sunny.

Thanks to Mike and the crew for a fun match.

Sounds like fun was had by all.

I would have loved to go but we had our state steel match (local range).

D*** Erik, you should start welding/super glue/caulking your sights on! :ph34r::ph34r:

Are you guys going to the Crazy Croc in Sept? It looks like I'll get the time off work to go. I'm feeling a little masochistic, so I'm going to shoot L10 @ the match.