Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 5.25 40 Dropping mags

mattwaage

Anyone else heard of this?

XDM 5.25 40 with pistolgear 140mm mag extensions, springer extended mag release, pistolgear magwell (cant remember which one) dropping mags out after the first round is fired?

I dont know if the follower is pushing the bullets into the mag release hole and catching it somehow or what. This is a friend of mine having this problem not me thank god, lol.

I always hit the bottom of the mag after racking the first round. That seems to help seat them. If that doesn't work, try downloading the mag.

Im using a different setup but if i put the maximum rounds in the mag +1 in the chamber it will feel like everythings good to go and sometimes even clicks like you want to hear but its not properly seated, you gotta really slap it in, I load my first mag with 19 so I can start with 20 but after that there all 18.

Anyone else heard of this?

XDM 5.25 40 with pistolgear 140mm mag extensions, springer extended mag release, pistolgear magwell (cant remember which one) dropping mags out after the first round is fired?

I dont know if the follower is pushing the bullets into the mag release hole and catching it somehow or what. This is a friend of mine having this problem not me thank god, lol.

I run the exact same setup . . . Springer extended mag release, Pistol Gear 140mm extensions and Pistol Gear mag well. Have never had an issue, even with a barney round and 21 rounds in the mag. So . . . I dunno!

i had the same problem with a 4.5. measure the thickness of the stock mag release and the springer model at the cut out area. mine on the springer was thicker so the piece that contacts the mag inside the grip was very easy to come out of the hole in the mag and drop the mag. it took me a while to realize this but once i re-installed the stock release - problem solved.

He said he tried downloading and even different rounds. will have to check out the mag release and get the grinder out maybe! we had the extended release before witht the stock mags and no probs but with the basepads they drop. extra weight? I will have to check it out more this weekend

Had the same issue with one of my very first extended mag releases several years ago (do not remember who's it was). Swapped it out with another from the same maker and the problem went away.

On another note, within the last couple of months I have had two brand new Springfield mags to this. It gave me fits for a couple of matches until I finally realized it was not my pistol.

wound up giving the mag release catch and the mags a tiny tweak before a match. Now they stay in. Still thinking it was the springer mag release like was mentioned but we didnt have time to tear it off before a match and in the grass, was enough of a PITA in the house hahaha.

wound up giving the mag release catch and the mags a tiny tweak before a match. Now they stay in. Still thinking it was the springer mag release like was mentioned but we didnt have time to tear it off before a match and in the grass, was enough of a PITA in the house hahaha.

What did the tweaks entail?

Well after testing everything we did besides changing the mag release button (It was such a PITA I didnt want to touch it again) about 5 mins before the match started We took the slide off and from the top put a lil pressure on the mag release to bend it out a little. When i watched it operate from the top it would barely stick out into the magwell to catch the magazine but had plenty of clearance when pushed to drop a mag. I think the problem wound up being that springer mag release was too thick. It just barely engaged the mag. Never dropped them with the standard mags but I suppose with those pistolgear 140 extentios the mags rattled around a bit more under recoil to drop them. Also took a needlenose and put just a lil pressure into the mags so that the bottom had a slight taper in and the top had a slight taper out. Can barely even notice it but those both solved the problem.

The mag button is a cinch...I can do one in < 2 minutes....the trick is only pushing the pin just far enough to get the button moving and then chasing the old one out with the new one

I'll do it in 45 seconds and I pull all the parts out.

Rich

The mag button is a cinch...I can do one in < 2 minutes....the trick is only pushing the pin just far enough to get the button moving and then chasing the old one out with the new one

Rich

Show off ;)

Rich

Lol. Better start offering classes took me 2 hours. Though admittedly over an hour of that was trying to find the spring in my carpet... (Shakes fist)