Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting Laid Off

Shooter Grrl

Just that much more time you'll have to put toward your business efforts. ;)

You've got way too much talent to squander it away feeling down about anything. It's their loss for not utilizing your talents to their best advantage.

Kath,

What a BLOW, I’m so sorry! :o:(:(

On the other hand, I’ve just had two guys QUIT and one doesn’t already have a job to go. Apparently my requirement to be on time EVERY day and to work ALL five days in the week was just too much!

We’re in manufacturing and dependability is vital, you know, the apparently obsolete concept of teamwork…

I’m sure you’ll get plenty of platitudes like; “when one door closes another will open…” so I’ll avoid all of that and only wish you good luck and an easy transition. ;)

Ed

Thanks guys. I'm okay with it... I do plan on expanding Kattitude Designs while I have some time, and thankfully California Unemployment reopened my claim so there's no real financial impact to us for awhile yet.

It still sucks. I believe that had I not gotten a new manager a month ago, I would still be employed. Some people just don't get what a good admin asst can do for them, and they never will.

My old manager DID get it though!

Yes, it DOES eventually reach the point where you "get too old for this."

I basically quit BEING an Admin Asst finally because NO ONE appreciated it any more. A number of employer types just don't get it when it comes to the smooth operation and importance of support personnel. There are quite a few 'employers' out there who honestly don't know how to answer phones, transfer calls, type a label, run a photocopier, put paper INTO the copier, send a fax, or put more potty paper into the loo. I mean it's sometimes that serious. :wacko:

And they frankly don't give a s**t about your talent. Very few employers do anymore.

Criminy, woman, didn't you just GO thru this beating once already this year....????!!!!

Gah, the pain! I'm serious!! Been there. Too many times. :angry:

Criminy, woman, didn't you just GO thru this beating once already this year....????!!!!

Well, actually, believe it or not, it's been a year since I got laid off, EXACTLY ONE YEAR, to the date!

The thing that's making me snicker is that the last time I got laid off, I got DAVID a new job - and I told these idjots that, repeatedly - and they still didn't get it. Bozos ;p