Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extreme Engineering Disconnector

baron45

Has anyone out there ever tried out the Extreme Engineering Disconnector?If yes,what do you think about it?What are it's advantages or benefits?How does it compare to other disconnectors in the market today?

THANKS.

baron45

Use the Extreme Engineering Warp Speed Hammer, Sear and Disconnector. IMHO the only way to go. Bob Perkins has informed me that there are some incredibly low trigger pulls being acheived with this setup that remain reliable.

Alan

Extreme Engineering parts are the finest and most consistent that I've seen. They allow for incredible trigger jobs (not just weight, but in feel of sear break, etc.) and really well built.

You will not have one complaint with their parts.

Rich

my setup is koenig hammer, svi sear svi disconnector. trigger pull on my standard pistol is around 1.2-1.4 pounds. lots of pretravel and overtravel and it has a roll on it.

shot around 2000 rounds and it still works like a charm

Extreme makes very good parts :wub: .

My current setup is the warp speed hammer, ultra light sear and disconnector with SV tri-glide spring. I set the trigger up three years ago at 510 grams, and just this year recut the sear to crispen everything up. (Trigger pull had climbed to 570 grams.)

I am working on a new design for a 1911 hammer. I haven't crunched the numbers yet, but I am not sure that I can beat Bob's design. :huh: (It was easy to design a P9 hammer that had a 25% faster lockup than Huening's.)

Kenny

just curious and im not burning any manufacturers here ..im also in the market shopping for some final parts to my blaster..how does the extreme stuff compare to cylinder and slide stuff sold by dawson..thanks

Alan,

Is EE the maker of the parts...to C&S specs? Or, do they have the same supplier?

I recall that Dane Burns used to use C&S trigger parts (many smiths consider them the standard), but then Dane designed his own. I though he had them made by the same people that made the parts for C&S? Is that EE?

Bob Perkins of Bob's Cop Shop in So Cal is the Designer and Maker of the EE parts, C&S was purchasing from Bob. The Design is solely Bob's. Bob has always manufactured these under the Extreme Engineering logo.

Alan

Alan,

The hammer that broke was a first gen that was 12 years old.

My bad...

Lifetime warranty replacment.

That's awesome, I think I'm going to go with EE for my limited gun, whenever I decide to start shooting it again. <_<

Todd