Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Project Straight Six begins !

RippSpeed

I have finally picked up my STI Perfect 10 after 8 month wait ... I have major plans for this and will post pics of the updates here...

STI Perfect 10 Stock:

7457846396_679121563c_z.jpg

My Perfect 10 STOCK!!! by rippspeed1, on Flickr

First thing I've added :

7457845844_e8638cb65a_z.jpg

Project Straight Six begins by rippspeed1, on Flickr

whats waiting for it to be fitted by 1911SpeedShop in Riverside California:

543548_3741269928838_1188350614_n.jpg

Just swapped out the black grip with a grey grip, dawson precision magwell and added the extended mag release:

7459257456_83b9f3acef_z.jpg

Little Brother and Big Brother prt 1 by rippspeed1, on Flickr

7459257722_07cf08511f_z.jpg

Little Brother and Big Brother prt 4 by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Edited by RippSpeed

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you have planed for your Perfect 10...? Can you tell us... :rolleyes:

Unlike you WHEELNUT I dont have any skills on the mill or lathe...

I'm planning on doing a 6" sight tracker and some custom cuts on it to do a major lighten on the slide and the frame. I also have another slide that I'm going to do a bushing barrel on it, incase the sight tracker doesnt work out for me ...

• 1 month later...

Hello: Man, you must love heavy pistols :surprise: That thing must weight 50ozs or more. The project looks good so far :cheers: Thanks, Eric

If my memory is correct my edge was like 40oz and my Perfect completely stock was 45oz ... but with a few changes I dropped it down to 43oz even with the addition of the dawson big ice magwell. I'll re-weight when she's all said and done with the sight cuts and everything else...

But to answer you... yes I do like a heavy but balance pistol. I was surprise that SV's with the new metal grips just as much as a 6" Perfect 10...

Edited by RippSpeed

• 2 weeks later...

Those pics look awesome.... the barrel to slide fit looks nice and tight. Do you have any pics well you were cutting.? Love to see build projects like this :cheers: keep up the good work. Are you shooting 40 or 10mm .?

Edited by S&W WHEELNUT

who is the 1911 speed shop?

thanks

1911 Speed Shop is Jimmy Vidanes ... he is a well respected local gunsmith @ Norco. A lot of the Norco Run & Gun guys contract him for a lot of custom work.

his Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/josejaime.vidanes?ref=ts

his website isn't up but check out his Facebook page to see some of his work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update ... Shes almost home and I'll post pics

8101752271_c7ef7d6095_z.jpg

2012-10-179518-09-2395941 by rippspeed1, on Flickr

after she comes home ... the barrel will get some serrations and a nice coat of TiN and the slide and frame will get modified for New SV Mags and hard chrome...

Still on the fence about the thumb rest...

Edited by RippSpeed

Tell me about that thumb safety. Woo I like it. :surprise:

You can get it from Jimmy ( Jimmy@1911speedshop.com ) or Jojo Vidanes ( JVIndustries.net )

I fell in love with this thumb safety more than my SV Extra Wide thumb safety. I find it more comfortable...

I'v been watching your 6in build........ :cheers: I bought a few 40 Schuemann barrels the other day, ordered two Caspian stainless slides and bought that stainless SV grip off B E the other day, so one will have a SV lower and the other will be STI. I guess we'll be ready for 2013 with are 6in sight trackers :D

post-24727-0-95413900-1350857897_thumb.j

post-24727-0-83556200-1350857937_thumb.j

Edited by S&W WHEELNUT

I'v been watching your 6in build........ :cheers: I bought a few 40 Schuemann barrels the other day, ordered two Caspian stainless slides and bought that stainless SV grip off B E the other day, so one will have a SV lower and the other will be STI. I guess we'll be ready for 2013 with are 6in sight trackers :D

why did you go with the tribid barrel compared to the hybrid ???

I went with the hybrid because I shoot lead ...

Edited by RippSpeed

why did you go with the tribid barrel compared to the hybrid ???

I went with the hybrid because I shoot lead ...

I don't shoot lead......... I like the little extra room from the first lug to the back of the rib. To me on a 6in., you may get a toning fork effect.... with it being so short in the back, but that's just what I think.!!

Edited by S&W WHEELNUT

• 2 weeks later...