Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

zev v4 race connector Q

MicroStrideR

Yes definitely.

How does it differ from Glocks "-" connector? Does it actually have a lighter trigger pull than Glock's minus connector?

Have you had any trouble with the Glockworx connectors breaking? I've heard that they sometimes break in the thin area with the holes... That's what stopped me from trying one.

Dunno. I've only used mine for about 3 weeks. I didn't like the v3 connector but I heard about the v4 coming out and being a bit different and I liked it. I do think it is lighter than the stock Glock 3.5# connector.

Waktasz, you wouldn't have happened to also try the Ghost Rocket, would you? I've been on the fence about messing with connectors at all, and those 2 are the ones I'm considering.

In my experience, Ghost Rockets pull is heavier than the Zev v4 by almost a pound. I tried them back to back in the same G19 to come to this conclusion. The only problem that I had to alleviate was the overtravel of the Zev since it does not have the tab. It wasn't too hard once I figured out what I needed to do. Took about 5 minutes on a drill press.

• 4 weeks later...

Received the V4 connector and it does feel a bit lighter and smoother than the V3. However, I had installed the 3 in a 17 a while back and for some reason when I dry fire both guns the difference is negligible. Interesting.

Mine doubled when I tried bending the connector too flat against the housing. Backed it off a bit and now it's great. You can get a lighter pull and verrrry short reset by a little tweaking of the angle but be careful.

Mine doubled when I tried bending the connector too flat against the housing. Backed it off a bit and now it's great. You can get a lighter pull and verrrry short reset by a little tweaking of the angle but be careful.

I thought the idea was this was a drop-in part. If you wanted to gunsmith the parts why not start with the original?

It's still better than tweaking the stock parts. And that's part of the fun of Glocks. Parts are so cheap I'm free to screw around with them and if I break something it doesn't cost me much.

• 3 weeks later...