Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New G35 recoil spring

texasag93

OK, got a tungsten rod and 15# spring for the 35. I keep reading about trimming them for proper function. I have had my 35 which has had zero problems all of the sudden just lock back with rounds still in the mag. The round isn't jammed on the feed ramp, the slide is just locked open. Best I can tell it is like it just isn't fully cycling. Spring to long? Drop the slide lock and it feeds fine. It never did this with the old rod and factory spring. Mags have always worked fine before. I wish I had my old spring with me to change. I was just wondering if maybe the spring length was not allowing the slide to cycle completely. I have changed nothing else on the gun including the load which has run fine to date ANy suggestions? Thanks, TXAG

Here is a photo of my all stock G35 at full slide travel, pull your slide fully to the rear and use my photo for judgement, just make sure you can see the top of the trigger bar just to the right of the ejector and on the left hand side on the ejector housing you should be able to see around .150" or so of the top of it.

Hope this helps, and sorry for the image quality(I'm not a photographer)... :D

G35_slide_travel.jpg

I experienced the same problem with my G35 when I installed the THE tungsten guide rod. The way that I solved it was to use the stock 17 pound Glock spring with THE tungsten guide rod for all of my major PF loads. You can pick up a factory guide rod/spring combo at Lone Wolf for $4.95 and just snip off the plastic end of the guide rod. For minor PF loads I use Wolff springs that have coils removed depending on the load.

Here’s the link for Lone Wolf

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/

Heres the link for the item:

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/stockdetail.asp?item=GLO-1533

Thanks guys, I still have my stock spring somewhere. I will clip the guiderod and put that spring on my tungsten rod and see what happens. I can definately tell the difference with this set up over the stock spring. Thanks again. TXAG

Yes there is, but I haven't had a problem with it prior to new rod and spring? I don't really ride it but who knows. The gun really recoils differently with the new set up. Maybe that is the problem. I will investigate further. TXAG

• 4 weeks later...

Texas, are you useing The ISMI flat wire springs or coil springs, Im shooting a G34 with tungsten guide rod and 15 lb spring and have not had one maulfunction!

Now If you are shooting "whimp loads" you may have to go to a 13lb flat wire spring!

The ISMI flat wire spring can be bought from TOPGLOCK or from BROWNELLS.

If you're realizing that the gun is definitely recoiling differently, then it would make sense that your thumb could be making contact with the release on a more frequent basis. I have seen a couple of guns that wouldn't work with 13 pound springs, but have never seen one that wouldn't work with the 15. I've got plenty of both types in stock if you need some on the quick.