Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Joined the club, bought a xdm 9mm/5.25

mikeAZ

After a lot of thought I bought one. Never going to be a GM shooter but I'm out there and can miss faster than most??..., was toying with the thought of a Glock 34 but I got a very good price on a NIB Springfield. I'm sure a trigger kit will soon follow.....just getting started in 3 gun at age 70, kind of liking the "Serpa" holster for retention purposes when 3 gunning but may be overdoing it? Opinions? This will be a new experience for me as I usually shoot an "open" 9mm STI...... probably need to sign up for "Drill Masters" at RIO??.

Congrats! I'm loving mine. Watch the Serpa's -- a few have had ND's with them because of that design. A poster named robot has a blog where he details improving that holster should you get one.

I use a blade tech for Production but for 3 gun I use a drop leg rig with a retention strap. Gives me room on my belt right side for shotgun shell caddies and the retention on the drop leg rig ensures the pistol doesn't fall out during long gun maneuvers...I

Watched a guy bang his rifle in to a hot pistol and dump the pistol in the dirt at the Midwest 3G this year (guessing that made for a long trip home). Its the only time I have seen a Bladetech give up the gun. Granted I have only been competing for 3 years and I don't know what his holster tension was.

I put an extra 1/2 turn on the screws of my Blade-tech after that! ;)

Got the XDM 9mm today.... Bought 3 extra mags... Loaded all 6 (had a couple that 18 seemed to be the max).. Didn't care for the Factory mag loader.. used my Uplula. I was pleasently supprised by the Factory trigger, it wasn't all that bad!! Sights were dead on, ran the 6 mags, not even a hiccup. I shot my Open gun steel loads which are in the 145 power factor range(Montana Gold 124'S x 4.5 Titegroup.)I also ran some 147 x 3.7 Titegroup loads which were lot's softer feeling. My reloaded ammo is at the max oal length on the 124's @ 1.15 and I use nothing but Winchester small rifle primers.... nice wack right dead center on the primer, nice deep hit.... I'm happy!!! Now for the trigger and a different holster. I can see I want a little more outward cant, otherwise the Factory one is probably O.K. for most non competition shooters.

All in all, the whole package is well thought out and nicely packaged....I was supprised as I've only shot a 2011 "dot" gun for many years.... I seemed to be quick on the target?... time will tell?...coulda been a mirage?...Wait till I here the "beep"...

Blade Tech DOH here for my 5.25. great holster, easy to adjust and tighten. Got trigger, guide rod, and girp tape on it, nothing to break the bank but good investments for production. Just my .02 :blush: