Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arizona

BrianH

Oh hell, they're safe down in the Phoenix area.

The fires are in Northern Az.  

As kids, we would spend our summers at a cabins in Show Low and the Big Lake area.  I hope everything's still there :(

• 4 months later...

OK, IPSC CHK just reminded me of how much I like Arizona.  Of all the places I used to have to go, Arizona was the only one I really looked forward to.  Beautiful country.  Gun friendly.  Lots to do.  My customer was just down the road from Dillon...  

Now, if they would just put in better microbreweries, it would truly be The Promised Land.

;)

(Edited by EricW at 4:24 pm on Nov. 25, 2002)

Despite the fact that Zona doesn't hold a candle to NW breweries, they have some great liquor stores where fantastic beers can be bought.

There's this place in Tucson, 4th street I think, it's called "The Shanty".  What a great beer selection.....ever had Thomas Hardy's Ale?

I wish I could see Arizona under decent circumstances. The only time I was there was on an interagency wildland fire several years back. All I remember was 110 degrees in the shade, dust so think you couldn't breath, bugs so big they scoffed at a shovel. I would have given my left testicle for one of those Arizona beers and a burger.

[Official sounding moderator mode on]

Uhhh,,,Miss IPSC CHIK1,  We will be needing proof that you know a "young, pretty and blond" (single?) woman involved in shooting sports.  A photograph, age, name, address, phone number and measurements will be sufficient.   (unless you wanna tell more!!!)

All information will be kept in the strictest of confidences and will only be used in the customary 'verification of young, pretty and blond' process, which is reviewed by no more than 1602 forum members.

[Official sounding moderator mode off]

(Edited by 3quartertime at 6:38 am on Nov. 26, 2002)

Beautiful place for sure. I kinda grew up in Mesa. Well, Mesa grew up, I never did.  Except for 4 years in 4 other states, it was home when I was 8 yrs old to 25 yrs old. That pretty much made me a native by AZ standards. I spent several years living in a motorhome and traveling the state. Any terrain you want. Except ocean. (do they still have Big Surf in Tempe?)

(Edited by Madmark at 11:12 pm on Nov. 26, 2002)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...