Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SuperGrandmasters

dpeters8445

TGun,

I'm not hanging my head at all! :D I'm pretty happy with my Area 8 match. I had 2 misses for the match and one little bobble when I tripped over my shoe laces :(

Congrats on your high M win! ( I'm assuming this is Mr. Thacker?)

I won't be at A3. That's a little out of my travel range. However, I'll be at the Tri-State, Mid Atlantic, and the Nationals. I don't believe we have met, so hopefully I'll see you at one of those matches.

MT

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MT,

Thanks :D , I got bumped as the match started. Wasn't sure how it would turn out B)

I hopefully will be at those three also, I have two little ones that need my attention too. I will try to shoot both Mid and Tri-state on Sun.

I have already planned for A3, A5, Natnl's and maybe A2. I'd like to be able to slip in a few other Points Series matches here and there.

I also look forward to meeting you. I know alot of names, but still haven't had a chance to meet everyone.

Keep up the good work, and we'll see ya soon................

TGun

everything is A OK with the classification system

wish there was a way to get rid of sandbaggers though...

i guess there really isnt any fair way to do it,, unless the RO adjusts the score sheets while hes not looking... make the mike into an A or the 18.90 into a 8.90.....only if they really deserve it.

hahaha

• 2 weeks later...
Like I said.

All is very good when you start with the theory.  I suck and work up from that point.  You can do nothing but get better.  That being said, I think everyone is capable of the high levels of performance.  Its a subconcious thing, you have to want it.  Then be willing to do what it takes.

I am quitting my job, starting a business in the industry for what.  Not to get rich, but to make GM in 2 years.  Lofty goal yes, but I will do it.  Then I won't suck quite so bad.

I'm curious how old are you?

everything is A OK with the classification system

wish there was a way to get rid of sandbaggers though...

i guess there really isnt any fair way to do it,, unless the RO adjusts the score sheets while hes not looking... make the mike into an A or the 18.90 into a 8.90.....only if they really deserve it.

Should there be a notion of "demonstrated ability" where by the appropriate "authorities" can effectively force a reclassification on a person if there is evidence of intentional sandbagging?

I'm an unintentional sandbagger apparently, since my scores on classifier stages are often 30% lower than my scores on other stages. It's either 'cause I'm trying too hard or that there's less margin for recovery on classifier type stages.

Overall, I think the classification system is an interesting "side match" and that it's one's overall placing that counts. If there's a big dog competing, then it's really meaningful.

So, going back to the original question, my take would be that we ought stop taking the classification system *too* seriously and just shoot the match. Then, there's less need to worry if there should be superGMs or UltraMasters or ... :P

Kevin