Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Media Separator

Anybody have one of these? Battenfield Technologies- Quick-N-EZ Roto Sift Kit with Bucket

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=PH507565

I bought a RCBS rotary and I hate it. Imposable to get the handles on and of.http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=RC87076&src=tpMfg

Will this Battenfiels compare to the Dillion?? I hate to buy another and not like it. The bucket idea looks good but can you open and close the cage without needed three hands?

That same tumbler is only 20.99 at midwayusa.

I have heard they work fine but like Jonathan I use the Dillon unit. They work on the same principle so it should work fine.

That same tumbler is only 20.99 at midwayusa.

I have heard they work fine but like Jonathan I use the Dillon unit. They work on the same principle so it should work fine.

Hey thanks for the price check for Midway. I like them better anyway. The Dillion is twice the price. If I had bought it first I would have saved money!

I have one sourced from midway it works, you just have to spin pretty slow as you get the bulk of the media out first. Closing it up with a sliding pin is kinda goofy but it works. The price was right.

Compared to the Dillon media separator, I prefer my RCBS. I am not sure why you want to take the handles off and I don't remember my old Dillon having removable handles.

If you don't like it, go to the dollar store and get a colander and a 5-gallon bucket.

Gary - yes its easy to use. really basic. mine has two side shields that help with media spilling out of the sides and out of the bucket, i dont use them i just go slow untill the majority of the media is out of the tumbler then i crank it to finish it off.

its nice b/c the post supports can be mounted to any bucket. i have 2 buckets setup b/c i switch between corn and walnut.

not bad for the price. im sure there are better ones out there but it works for me and its simple.

Biggest problem is the bucket. Have to turn the unit very slowly or it throws media all over. Get a tub and it will work as well as any. If you turn down - bevel - the pin it will be a lot easier to get into the unit to lock it.