Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who has upgraded from Meopta to Swaro Z6i?

grkmec

I have used Meopta for 3 years and I am thinking of upgrading. Interested to hear first hand upgrade experiences. If you had a meopta and upgraded to something else, would like to hear it as well (eg. Leupold CQBSSS).

I did. The two main reasons for switching were the reticle and getting tired of always bringing a spare scope to matches...

Edited by gose

I upgraded about 2 1/2 years ago. I liked the Meopta but a lot of matches were having targets in the 300-400 range and there was no good reference point on the Meopta reticle for those ranges. The new Meopta may be much better but I am very happy with my Swarovski.

I switched from the Meopta K dot to the Swaro Z6i circle dot. Much better scope for me but the reticle left something to be desired. When the BRT version came out I traded up and could not be happier. I got a demo model from EuroOptic.com and saved about $400. I saw one there a few weeks ago and thought about buying another, but just couldn't pull the trigger.

Doug

I run the new Meopta ZD and love it. With my 69gr match loads I zero the first chev at 400yd. This gives me a center dot zero of about 260, which is fine. I get a near to 50yd crossover. For 100 and 200 I use the top of the dot. For 300 I use the bottom of the dot and get a near perfect hold for 400, 500 and 600 on the chevs. Of all the scopes I've looked through (which is a lot), my only upgrade choice would be a Z6i. Everything about that scope is gooder than my ZD. Is it twice as much gooder? Will it result in a significant reduction in stage times? I can't honestly say that it would. If I had deep pockets the Z6i would be at the top of my list, but I think my ZD gives me 90% of the functionality at less than half the price.

I switched from a Meopta K-Dot to a Z-Dot and then to a Swaro Z6I BRT; have only shot the Swaro in one match (TX Multi-gun) so I still need lots more practice with it, but have been very impressed so far. Like the 6x power and the ballistic reticle; clarity is even better than the Meopta, which was very good itself.

The Meoptas are very nice scopes and a great value for the money, but simply not in the same league as the Swaro Z6I BRT. I see now why many, if not most, of the pros run a Swaro. It's so good that I've started saving up to get another to go on my backup rifle - will probably take a year or so, but it'll be worth it.

I sort of upgraded. I still have my Meopta and still have it. I bought the Z6i when it was like $1950ish on sale. The mil holdovers are a definite improvement over the old Meopta reticle.

But I'd suggest waiting to see how the SWFA 1-6 and the Bushnell 1-6.5 turn out.

http://swfa.com/Bushnell-1-65x24-Elite-Tactical-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P51671.aspx

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-1-6x24-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P53845.aspx

Personally I prefer consistent hold overs (FFP).

Still have both of mine, both have great glass, both have so far been reliable. ZD will use batteries faster if that matters. Both hold zero well.

I agree with CliffP, I find the ZD faster for closer type matches(0-300), but when you need the extra magnification, the Z6i is unbeatable. It will be quite the upgrade, the Z6i was more than 2x the price of the Swaro.

Still have both of mine, both have great glass, both have so far been reliable. ZD will use batteries faster if that matters. Both hold zero well.

I agree with CliffP, I find the ZD faster for closer type matches(0-300), but when you need the extra magnification, the Z6i is unbeatable. It will be quite the upgrade, the Z6i was more than 2x the price of the Swaro.

Agreed! I have the Meopta K-Dot and Z6i with BRT. I like the K Dot for quicker up close shots, but the BRT is helpful for holdovers at longer range and better for low light shooting because of the glass quality. I have no regrets about either purchase except that I don't get to use them enough.