Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the STI Recoil Master Legal for IDPA?

Tokarev

what are you putting the RM in?

Single stack or STI widebody?

Don't over the counter STI's come with one in place?

RecoilMaster5in.jpg

This doesn't look like a common full length GR to me.It does resemble the one used on a Glock 26 for example- sort of.

I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed.

I contacted IDPA about this and they said the RM is a NO GO. It seems that since the Recoil Master is marketed as a "recoil master" it isn't allowed. I wonder if it'd be legal if it was marketed as some kind of frame saver like the Shok-Buff. Oh! That's right! Bill Wilson is IDPA! I forgot that for a moment.

So all you guys using Springfield XD's in IDPA will have to replace your factory dual spring rods with single spring rods.

Of course I coulod just use the damned thing. Nobody would ever notice.

Of course I coulod just use the damned thing. Nobody would ever notice.

And most importantly , nobody would care .

On second thought , if it is lighter than a FLGR , wouldn't it be a disadvantage?

Edited by Mark Perez

• 5 years later...

New information. The answer is now - YES.

I just got this from the MD for the Texas State IDPA Match.

Below is a statement from IDPA HQ in regards to “dual action” recoil springs. In essence, they have been legalized for the 2010 season. Here is the statement from Robert Ray.

IDPA headquarters has been following the industry trend of moving to dual spring recoil systems in handguns. These have historically been mosty found in short barreled semiautos, but more and more companies are using them in full sized guns. Thus we have decided to that dual spring recoil systems, using metals no heavier than carbon or stainless steel, will be legal for use in IDPA. This will include all Divisions.

To be specific, the STI Recoil Master guide rods in their existing (2009) configuration and Generation 4 Glocks will be legal.

This should save us headaches at TX State

New information. The answer is now - YES.

I just got this from the MD for the Texas State IDPA Match.

Below is a statement from IDPA HQ in regards to “dual action” recoil springs. In essence, they have been legalized for the 2010 season. Here is the statement from Robert Ray.

IDPA headquarters has been following the industry trend of moving to dual spring recoil systems in handguns. These have historically been mosty found in short barreled semiautos, but more and more companies are using them in full sized guns. Thus we have decided to that dual spring recoil systems, using metals no heavier than carbon or stainless steel, will be legal for use in IDPA. This will include all Divisions.

To be specific, the STI Recoil Master guide rods in their existing (2009) configuration and Generation 4 Glocks will be legal.

This should save us headaches at TX State

Halleluiah! Finally a reasoned rule change for the better.