Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver Holster Help

theogre

I am not a big revolver shooter, but want to get my 5 gun in IDPA, and I have a ton of 38 special and 357 mag brass so it is time to start looking. I like the 625 and the KGP-141 but haven't looked at colt yet. I plan on trying to find a local shop that has some so I can feel them. I really would like to shoot the same revolver in both the SSR and ESR class.

With all that said: I have looked and haven't been able to find a kydex revolver holster. Also any suggestion on a place to by the speed loaders, and pouches?

Thanks for any info

--theogre

Shooting the same revolver in both classes will be hard to do, but possible. If you stick with a .38 or .357 your power factor will have to be 165 in the ESR class...that will be a very hot load and uncomfortable to shoot on a regular basis. You can shoot 625 in SSR if you use the .45 autorim casses with the HKS speed loaders. It will be slow, but completely legal per IDPA rules. Shooting a 200gr 45 bullet down at the 125 power factor level is very easy and managable.

The 625 is 45 ACP. If you're locked into 38 I'd suggest a nice S&W 4" 686. Equipment is easy to find and it's versatile enough for many shooting games.

I'm aware of that. I was responding to: <<I like the 625 and the KGP-141 but haven't looked at colt yet>>

You could get a 625 and shoot Auto Rim brass loaded down with HKS speedloaders in SSR (not the best setup but it will work) and reg. brass w/moons loaded up.

FWIW

Richard

I don't think they allow guns that have even been cut for moons in SSR regardless of your use of speedloaders.

-ld

You could get a 625 and shoot Auto Rim brass loaded down with HKS speedloaders in SSR (not the best setup but it will work) and reg. brass w/moons loaded up.

FWIW

Richard

I don't think they allow guns that have even been cut for moons in SSR regardless of your use of speedloaders.

-ld

Page of the IDPA rule book: "A. Any revolver of .38 Caliber (.357” or larger) or larger thatutilizes ammunition with a rimmed case and is not reloadedwith a full moon clip." I see no reason that a 625 w/ 45 Autorim ammo would not be leagal.

FWIW

Richard

-ld

Page of the IDPA rule book: "A. Any revolver of .38 Caliber (.357" or larger) or larger thatutilizes ammunition with a rimmed case and is not reloadedwith a full moon clip." I see no reason that a 625 w/ 45 Autorim ammo would not be leagal.

Yeah, I have been checking the rule book, after I wrote that, and I don't see anything that directly supports my statement. Another shooter had given me that info and I did not double check it. Good catch. I stand corrected. Hmmmmm maybe I need some AR brass for my 625....

-ld