Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3Gun Match makes Front Page, Sunday Edition

Eddie is famous! lol. Funny how I didn't see any reporters at our USPSA match yesterday at PWSA (the day after this match). Has a silly civilian match ever had any news coverage?

3-Gun Nationals was covered on the 6 o'clock news in Reno. Pretty nice story.

Did they interview Eddie?:) Seriously anyone have a copy of it posted somewhere?

I shot the NM Sectional this weekend in Los Alamos NM and a reporter from the local paper was there takeing pictures and talking to every on my squad!! But that is were they put together Nukes, not many dasiy sniffers there ;) . I loved the match shirts,on the back was the outline of NM with a mushroom cloud and over the pocket in front it has a small outline of NM with "Nuke Em" inside it.

Steve

Congrates to KellyN for his victory as well as David Neff for coming all the way from Idaho for taking second and to Eddie for third. Also would like to thank Tom Freeman for the use of his range as well as point blank body armor for being a big sponcer. Allot of the match staff that was used for this match was from RM3G who are the same people doing the match in Raton NM. This might have been a preview of some of the stages in Raton but more then likely not.

Has a silly civilian match ever had any news coverage?

Tuesday, September 11, 2001.

That evening we had a local news crew come to the range where we hold a little weekly club match. They interviewed a guy buying an AR and then filmed some footage of us running through the stages. Both were televised on the 11:00 broadcast. The piece and the intro were very favorable.

What about my PICTURE! I won the damn thing. I guess Eddie and Kelly B are just more photogenic. Or more likely, a police conspiracy to oppress prosecutors.

Great match, guys. Thanks for putting it on. Good stages that actually required some shooting skill: poppers at 60m with the pistol, fairly challenging slug targets, and some 100+ with the rifle. You could sure tell the difference between those who had only shot at 50 and those who had shot beyond.

Interesting scoring system wherein Ds counted as Mikes. OUCH!!!

The other thing the paper left out was the glorious performance of Team HOMELAND SECURITY during the team event.

The match rules required every member of a four man team to be part of the same agency. Kind of tough when you're from Pinal County Attorney (me), Idaho State Policia (David), and DOE (Tate) but we formed a new team with Gene (Pueblo PD) under the auspices of TEAM HOMELAND SECURITY. We ended up with the high score but were not able to "win." I figure the issue would have been on ESPN by now. Pueblo PD was the official winning team as they were a true team with all four members belonging to the same agency.

You could sure tell the difference between those who had only shot at 50 and those who had shot beyond.

Two of common problems that I observed were: 1) shooters didn't know what their EOTech or scope were sighted at, 2) Not knowing the general ballistic of 55 gr. 5.56 cal. As a result, some went through the entire 30 rds mag trying to make 9 hits at 125 -175 yards and quite a few didn't make the 240 seconds cut off.

The team shoot was a fun one with multiguns and shooting positions that make the entire team haul a$$ in between. Team Homeland Security made it look easy.

Congrats to Kelly for winnning this match (sorry your photo didn't make it to the front page) :D