Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommend High Muzzle Flash /Flip Powder for 9mm

davester00

Hello,

Just for fun, does anyone have a recipe that they have tried for 9mm that will give me the most visible muzzle flash and flip?

I will be using:

115 grn Precision Delta RN FMJ

CCI SPP

Mixed Brass

C.O.L ~1.100"

in my M&P 9.

I've heard of Power Pistol @ 6.7 grn(listed max)

Has anyone else tried something with tons of flash?

Please list powder and load data for the most flash and flip that you have tried.

Remember, this is just for fun/visual excitement.

Thanks in advance.

go to any manual, the slower the powder the more flash your gonna get. Look at data for powder you see people using for open, but load to Powder company reccommended levels, I am thinking,

Slower burn gives you what you desire. Ask anybody that has worked up a handload for a shorter barreled rifle, they have all found that magic mix that just isn't quite done when it escapes the muzzle. It really doesn't increase recoil but the report is fourth of July worthy. I found it with a load that was pefect in a 24 inch .243 but too slow for a 16 inch barrel. Sounded and looked like a 105 mm Howitzer goin off....

:rolleyes:

Blue dot and Power Pistol are the one's I'm familiar with.

As far as flash goes this is absolutely true.

Recoil or flip with a large load of Blue Dot is pretty hard with some guns. Power Pistol seems to be a little tamer even when loaded to a max load.

...but Power Pistol even flashes at lower loadings, I have a fairly mild load of 5.3grs with an 124gr MG FMJ that will flash like all heck.

Unique is a flash, no bite powder.