Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Far and near standards practice aids.

Being that they are bringing back the par times I thought I might dry fire practice. I am wondering if anyone has crunched the numbers and created a small practice sheet to scale. Im hoping to practice in a 20 foot long room and looking for a similar sight picture. Is there something already produced that will help me? If not I will post once I do all the math.

12" from ground to bottom of lower target.

1" between top and bottom targets.

12" gap between target edges, side to side.

In the past I have used scaled down targets. If you want to practice 50y then hold up a ruler at arms length and measure the height of your 50y target. Whatever it measures is the same measurement your indoor targets will need to be made to. This will apply to whatever distance you can practice over......

I think thats how I made the last set. Anyway it will give you a rough guide.

I took a set of scaled down targets to the IRC last year and had a few practice sessions in the motel room in the days leading up to the match.

Good luck with the practice.

Pk

I have always used full size targets for dry fire. And for simulating the 25 - 50 yards I just hang up the Black dots on the wall. The dots measure 2.75 inches. Dryfire is usefull in getting your timing and smooth reloads down. You have to know where your rounds strike at 50 and 25 yards but the 10 and 3 are essential for the timing. Just my thoughts. (Flamesuit emoticon) later rdd

Being that they are bringing back the par times I thought I might dry fire practice. I am wondering if anyone has crunched the numbers and created a small practice sheet to scale. Im hoping to practice in a 20 foot long room and looking for a similar sight picture. Is there something already produced that will help me? If not I will post once I do all the math.

This reminds me of a funny story I heard from my friends. One of them says, "Man, I couldn't get any rest last night. All I heard was beep, thud. Beep, thud. Beep thud. All night long."

The other says laughingly, "Heh. You must me in the room below me. I was practicing going prone for Far and Near."

Gotta love those revolver shooters!

Seiichi

Beep!..ugh..ouch um...Click.....Click....Click.......Beep! Dang....what? That cant be 9 seconds..... :surprise:

post-21005-0-88458000-1334124262_thumb.j

2008 seems to be the last year their was a par time, here is the description.

http://www.icore.org/archive/2008/IRC-08-Stge11.pdf

It doesn't show the target spacing which PK provided. Thanks for that, I have been practicing with the targets right next to each other.