Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading 38 super comp

silerlock

LNL 9mm plate is correct (#8). I prefer the hornady dies myself if only for the bullet seater. It has a sliding "guide" that helps the bullet seat straight every time.

i use lee deprime/resize, dillon flare( and powder) , redding comp seating die (the cats ass), and lee factory crimp. probably be fine with dillon crimp die. the redding is where its at though.

.38 Supercomp uses the same plates/shell holders as .223. 9mm will kind of work, but, it isn't right.

On my lnl the .223 plate does not fit my new starline 38sc brass very well. 9mm plate is 100%.

.38 Supercomp uses the same plates/shell holders as .223. 9mm will kind of work, but, it isn't right.

On my lnl the .223 plate does not fit my new starline 38sc brass very well. 9mm plate is 100%.

On my Dillon, it's the other way around. :surprise:

Are you sure you did not get 9mmSuperComp, or whatever they call their 9x23?

If you are having trouble with SuperComp on the lnl your index is off. It uses the 9 mm shell plate, I've loaded over 50K of them, as well as TJ on a LNL. I did not use the PTX die, I used a regular hornady expander, the PTX did not work well with 38SC, kept ruining the brass, yeah my index was off, but I figured it out, but still prefer the stand alone expander.

The Dillon 650 uses the .223 shell plate and on it you use the powder thru die for expanding. Loaded many thousands of SC and TJ on it as well.

Edited by CocoBolo