Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Texas

Pasta

Hello all,

New shooter from East Texas. Grew up around guns and a friend from work drug me out to my first 3 gun match, and well the addiction ensues. Grew up around guns, shooting with dad, watching him reload. So getting involved was just a matter of time I suspect. Anyhow, plan on a G35 sometime within the month as my first pistol, fixing up the Dillon 550 we inherited from an old DPS trooper and so on. Now I've gotta find more time to practice!

Anyhow, just saying hello, I welcome any advice/criticism. Have an idea, I think at least of where to start, but we'll see.

See ya around!

Im new to the game myself if your ever down south hit me up. Im prety new to this so take this for what its worth but a 40 is a lot more expensive to shoot than a nine.

Yea, I have been seriously debating between 9mm an 40 cal, what I've come to is that even though the 40 is more expensive to shoot, it opens more doors in the long run as far as not being penalized in scoring and you can load down instead of havin to load up to make major, correct me if I'm wrong. My grasp of "shooting major" is very limited.

I'm from the Tyler/Whitehouse area. Have shot in Lufkin and Longview so far, enjoyed both. Will be looking to shoot I'm more places as time goes by!

Yea, I have been seriously debating between 9mm an 40 cal, what I've come to is that even though the 40 is more expensive to shoot, it opens more doors in the long run as far as not being penalized in scoring and you can load down instead of havin to load up to make major, correct me if I'm wrong. My grasp of "shooting major" is very limited.

I'm from the Tyler/Whitehouse area. Have shot in Lufkin and Longview so far, enjoyed both. Will be looking to shoot I'm more places as time goes by!

This will depend on what division you plan on shooting. If you're going to shoot in production division, keep in mind that there is no major/minor distinction, so long as you meet minimum PF of 125. Smart choice is 9mm in production.

If you plan on shooting any other division then you're good to go, many people shoot 40 major.

If you didn't already know, scoring is as follows:

Major: A-5 B-4 C-4 D-2

Minor: A-5 B-3 C-3 D-1

Hello all,

New shooter from East Texas. Grew up around guns and a friend from work drug me out to my first 3 gun match, and well the addiction ensues. Grew up around guns, shooting with dad, watching him reload. So getting involved was just a matter of time I suspect. Anyhow, plan on a G35 sometime within the month as my first pistol, fixing up the Dillon 550 we inherited from an old DPS trooper and so on. Now I've gotta find more time to practice!

Anyhow, just saying hello, I welcome any advice/criticism. Have an idea, I think at least of where to start, but we'll see.

See ya around!

Be careful shooting around those guys in the Tyler, Kilgore area, they'll slip something in your drink and your addiction will be even worse. Or at least thats what they did to me!! :cheers: