Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trade an M&P for 6" fusion?

steviesterno

Maybe a stupid question, but I have to ask it. I currently shoot only SS major with a full size 1911, and carry a 4". I love the platform and all that good stuff, but I need a good 3 gun and MAYBE limited blaster. I picked up an M&P pro in 9mm and I like it since it has the same grip angle and stuff. Now It's minor, so no good for Limited (I don't shoot fast/accuratly enough yet) but it's perfect for 3 gun matches.

I sold my buddy a 6" fusion 2011 in 40 I picked up on here last year. It wasn't finished, and I didn't love shooting factory 40, so I let it go. Now he wants an M&P and some cash for this 2011. He's had it cerakoted, has 7 mags for it (3 with grams guts, the rest stock STI), and is including a holster. I know it runs accurately with his loads, and he would help me get set up for 40.

I guess the real question: Is a 6" lightened slide 2011 worth an M&P and a pile of cash? Is it really that much more gun, or would I be better served spending the money elsewhere?

Thanks!

This was the one I owned, and yes I sold

It. It's fusion parts (slide frame and barrel) but the rest is high end stuff. The mags are all nice, and it was a good Enos member that built it.

And the pile of cash is about $800-900 on top of the m&p

Well, to paraphrase one uncle, talking to another uncle who was considering remarrying his ex-wife, "What has changed to make you want to marry her, when you just spent $XXX to be rid of her?"

Edited by Aglifter

No I would not. Sell the M &P here. Put that pile of money with the money you get for the M&P add a couple or so hundred and purchase and EDGE 40 if you want to shoot limited major. In USPSA always shoot major if possible. If you want to do 3gun too, down load the 40, you can make them (40 S&W) soft and accurate if you want to shoot IDPA also, get an eagle in 40 and you are set for all three sports. Both guns the EDGE and EAGLE should been the same money or real close. That just my thinking :cheers:

Edit for spelling

Edited by a matt

Can I ask the reason you guys don't like Fusion?

The frame is just an STI 2011 tactical frame rebranded for Fusion. I am also pretty sure the slide is just an STI slide rebranded. I agree they don't have the best customer support but I have had real good luck with their slides and frames.

What changed is the fact that I never thought I would shoot limited. But now there is nobody shooting SS and I'm

Tired of winning it. Plus, I like the idea of one platform for everythig as I am always trying to flip on and off a safety that isn't there on the M&p.

Was also thinking it was a good deal, I miss the fusion, and a 6" 2011 is pretty much a dream to shoot. My though is if I really hate it (like I did when shooting factory ammo) I could trade it back to another M&p easy enough.

Thanks for all the help guys, I did it!

Came with 7 mags, 3 with Grams guts. they are holding 20-21 each. the 4 stock STI mags seem to hold 17 or 18 depending on how I load them.

I ended up needing to include all my left over 9mm bullets and stuff, but didn't have much so it was totally worth it! I've shot this pistol with his pet major load, and it's flat and soft, and not to mention accurate. I seem to pick up on the FO front sight with that extra radius, that's for sure.

Local 3 guns have 4" steel pistol targets at 25 yards, so any sight radius I can get might be an advantage. I can't wait to break her in this weekend!

It's official... My 3 gun stroller is worth about 3x what my car is worth....