Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SILVER CREEK CONSERVATION CLUB

March 25 ICORE is on. Minimum round count is 202, but there will be

plenty of steel. We will begin registration at 9:30 and first shots

downrange at 10:30.

Any assistance setting up at 8:00 is always welcome

I will confirm total stage count and post, usually around 8 stages. Sign up will be on the range under the shelter at bay 5.

Silver Creek ICORE match's do not take place every month. Ron Buschmann of Shooters Supply & Law Enforcement Supply Co. is the match director. March 25th is a go. Stay tuned for april & beyond. Round count has been revised to 180 rounds & 7 stages. Match fee $13 members $18 non members. registration will still be on therange at bay 5.

Edited by colt22man

It's always a massive match, Ron works too hard putting these together. I may try some WHO shooting, who knows?

Still healing the carpal tunnel RSI stuff?

Yep, two months in a brace, it came off Tuesday. I still have one month (minimum) before I could attempt shooting, and that's an aggressive timeline according to my research. If you feel tennis elbow coming on, STOP SHOOTING. Or at lest stop dryfiring every night for a few hours. My elbow came apart.

It's always a massive match, Ron works too hard putting these together. I may try some WHO shooting, who knows?

Yep, two months in a brace, it came off Tuesday. I still have one month (minimum) before I could attempt shooting, and that's an aggressive timeline according to my research. If you feel tennis elbow coming on, STOP SHOOTING. Or at lest stop dryfiring every night for a few hours. My elbow came apart.

Matt, I didn't know about your elbow. Kevin Hodsdon (SCCC member) had his right elbow rebuilt. He came to the range 3/11 and was shooting .22 WHO. Said he was still a couple weeks away from picking up his open gun. My rt.elbow was sore last Sept. 2 month's of exercises did no good. Steroid shot on halloween, layed off shooting 2 month's. Started getting sore again in Jan. 2nd steroid shot 6 weeks ago. Lots of WHO shooting. Still doing alot of exercises, not shooting as much. We'll talk sunday. Hope recovery is going well.

Matt, I didn't know about your elbow. Kevin Hodsdon (SCCC member) had his right elbow rebuilt. He came to the range 3/11 and was shooting .22 WHO. Said he was still a couple weeks away from picking up his open gun. My rt.elbow was sore last Sept. 2 month's of exercises did no good. Steroid shot on halloween, layed off shooting 2 month's. Started getting sore again in Jan. 2nd steroid shot 6 weeks ago. Lots of WHO shooting. Still doing alot of exercises, not shooting as much. We'll talk sunday. Hope recovery is going well.

The deal is that it takes 6 months, maybe a year of doing absolutely nothing to let the thing heal, and that's when you catch it early. If you're already on the other side of cortisone shots then yours will never heal on its own. I suggest getting surgery before the elbow gets involved. The tennis elbow fix is very successful and pretty easy to recover from (lateral epicondylitis) but if you get the elbow ligaments involved like I have, it becomes a lot iffier whether you'll ever recover.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

This Sunday. 4/15/12

Chris I believe 4/15/12 match is USPSA not ICORE.

I think Ron said next ICORE match was in June. IIRC

March match was a lot of fun, it must take a BIG truck to haul all the steel they used in the march match :D