Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Extension

rgkeller

The extensions may not line up perfectly on the inside of the magazine so when the follower pushs into the extension it can catch only giving plus 2. You put an angle around the outside of the follower (i did with a pc of sandpaper) so if it doesn't line up the can slide past with no problem. It's very easy to do and it won't make it do the mag can't be converted back to standard.

Nathan

I will be another vote for the Taylors. I've had great luck with 'em so far. I'm curious if anyone has found a way to get 20 rnds of .40 reloadable. I can get 20 into the mag, but there isn't enough room to load it reliably at speed. Has anyone tried trimming followers or anything like that to make it to 20?

I will be another vote for the Taylors. I've had great luck with 'em so far. I'm curious if anyone has found a way to get 20 rnds of .40 reloadable. I can get 20 into the mag, but there isn't enough room to load it reliably at speed. Has anyone tried trimming followers or anything like that to make it to 20?

Check TF's website; there's a blurb about a follower mod that Phil Strader helped to create for Worlds this year. Taylor Freelance

I'm sure you could e-mail Robin and he'd be happy to give you some more information. He's a stand up guy, and DEFINITELY takes care of his customers. (Ask me how I know!)

Ok, recovering from shooting and working the AL Sectional last weekend where I got some answers to my own questions...

TF extension-equipped mags fit inside the 141.5mm mag gauge just fine. Those same extensions with a little grip tape on them from Dawson with the numbers, were a no-go. I felt like there was still wiggle room in the gauge, but the match official said no. I took my tape off and moved along. I did some very light material removal from the bottom of the follower and could reliably seat all mags with 20 rnds in them; with a GOOD shove. It made the slide tough to retract, but it would work. I'm going to try to ease just a little more off the follower and get them to where they will seat/reload without all the extra force. I got HPP in Limited, that's high plastic pistol...