Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Magazine Info

burningsquirrels

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any difference between the factory CZ 16 round mags and the Mecgar 16 round mags?

I'm a bit late on this thread...

There is ZERO difference, Mecgar is the OEM producer for CZ's magazines. Mecgar holds somewhere north of 80% of world market in OEM magazines.

Is there any difference between the factory CZ 16 round mags and the Mecgar 16 round mags?

I'm a bit late on this thread...

There is ZERO difference, Mecgar is the OEM producer for CZ's magazines. Mecgar holds somewhere north of 80% of world market in OEM magazines.

This is not entirely true from what I have been told.

The mec-gar 19 round mags are just the same mag body as the 17 round mags with a extended base plate that increases the capacity.

The oem CZ 19 round mags have a longer tube body which allows it to fit a magwell and also fit in the idpa box.

• 5 months later...

Looking into getting a CZ. I have a question concerning the mags. Of the popular choices {MecGar 17 AFC, MecGar 16rd and factory 19 rd} do all have open bases to make cleaning easier? Or are any welded bases.

Edited by z40acp

• 8 months later...

Which mags come with the SP01 Shadow from the CZC shop? Are those 18 or 19 round mags? My manual says 19 but a few guys say no thery are 18. I can tell you this. 19 rounds will not go in the mag.

Also a few of ter threads talk about OAL of the spring. How is that measured. I ask because the numbers are like 1.80 and 1.60. I know the spring is longer than that so the OAL must be measured loaded?