Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P18 9mm?

Bentsight

The P18-9 is very accurate and has minimal recoil in a 1911 package. It can be a little hard to find and you will have to replace the Power Extractor with an aftermarket like the Aftec (and a sleeve) or with the HD extractor now in Para Ord's Proshop. Avoid the black finish ParaKote or "Steath" finish pistols as this wears off very easily.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't shoot 3 gun but I shoot IPSC and IDPA. I shoot the P18.9 Limited and love it.. I have a STI Spartan (with extras) Both guns are 9mm a the STI never gets to go to the range. I have added a DP mag well, DP mag ext. to all six mags and had a smith do a trigger job. I would buy the Para again and again. HTH

I think (that gets me trouble) that the P18-9mm are LDA's, Light Double Actions with a cocking cam. My P16-40 LDA Limited have a long trigger pull and about 4.5 pounds of pull to it. I was thinking real hard about getting a P18 for 3-gun. 23 or 24 in the tube would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking about going this route (SX189S) as well but I'll be darned if I can find ANYONE with one of these in stock. Any suggestions on the best path to find one? I've checked gunbroker, gunsamerica, auctionarms, and google about 12 pages deep!

Edited by Buford!

I'm looking for a hi cap 1911 style in 9mm for 3G and I'm not ready to move to an STI.

Any thoughts about the Para for this need?

Thanks for you help

I have a p18-9 pxt and shot about 30000 rounds whit it and it never let me down . its a very nice and very fine gun

best choice you can make !

^^^ I'm in the same boat as the above poster.

If anyone has a line on this model please post the info here. I've been looking and can't find one either.

Thanks

Local Para rep said the company had ceased production on the P-18 in LDA. New LDA versions are currently available only in 40 and 45.

• 2 weeks later...

The P18-9 is a great pistol. I would like to get some mags that will hold more than 18. I have Dawson base pads but do not have the correct followers to keep the cases from sticking on the side below the indentation. What do I need?

The P18-9 is a great pistol. I would like to get some mags that will hold more than 18. I have Dawson base pads but do not have the correct followers to keep the cases from sticking on the side below the indentation. What do I need?

Arrendondo Inserts. Thats how I got my mags to 22-23 re-loadable.