Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA and their customer service

TX1911

Hello All,

I'm new here. I read a lot on these boards before I bought my Elite Match in 9mm. I read about the magazine issues in this caliber and saw that the issues had been fixed with a redesign. I got to shoot a Match in .45 and loved it. I figured I would buy it in 9mm and get a conversion kit later (9mm for range and .45 for home defense).

I was eventually able to get a 9mm Match and was very happy to see that it came with the new magazine.post-38339-0-86589700-1331076597_thumb.j

Assuming all was well with the world, I went on the EAA website and ordered three magazines. They asked me for my serial number. I thought this was a good sign - that they wanted to make sure they were sending me the right mag - but I was very disappointed when the mags showed up. They had the red followers and EAA2005 in the part number. I tried to load them and saw nose-dive issues as well as the mags not properly locking into place. I then emptied them and fond that one of them caused the slide to not lock open.

Here is the email I sent to EAA:

The magazines I received were the old design that, I am sure you know, is prone to several problems that have been very well documented (nose dives, premature mag release, slide not locking on discharge of final round). The problems were bad enough for a new design to be implemented several years ago. While I can understand you having some of these old mags in stock, I cannot understand how you can ship them out. I need to return these for a refund.

I have since ordered three more magazines from another supplier. Hopefully EAA will be good about refunding my money and the new magazines will be actually new not the old ones we all know and hate.

Just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the great info here. ;)

Had the same issue. I have ordered mags two times previously, and called prior to placing the order to make sure I got the new ones. Both times I was told "the new ones are all we have, that's what you will get", and I got the new ones. Third time is not the charm, didn't call ahead, and got shipped old mags. Sent them back, waiting on my refund....

They said that they are expecting a shipment from Italy in a couple of weeks, might try again later.

Lesson learned, always call EAA before finalizing the purchase.

Had the same issue. I have ordered mags two times previously, and called prior to placing the order to make sure I got the new ones. Both times I was told "the new ones are all we have, that's what you will get", and I got the new ones. Third time is not the charm, didn't call ahead, and got shipped old mags. Sent them back, waiting on my refund....

They said that they are expecting a shipment from Italy in a couple of weeks, might try again later.

What is strange is that EAA did not offer to sell me the new ones. Instead they replied saying these magazines are not obsolete and don't always have the issues we know they have. I am sending them back for a refund today.

If you are just ordering mags... go to Greg Cote. Better price, you see what you are ordering and his turn around is crazy fast.

I just got 3 k9 mags from him.

Thanks for the reco. I will order from him if my new order from another supplier falls through. They also sent me the old ones but are happy to take them back and are trying to find the new ones for me.

Had a similar experience with them. They are terrible. :angry2: Order from Henning and save yourself time and grief. I do wish EEA would go out of business so another importer could take over.

I do wish they would improve their service levels. Really a shame to have such nice products and not match them with equal customer service.

I actually had a pretty good CS experience with them recently. The rear sight on my Match disassembled itself under recoil, throwing the compression spring into oblivion. After talking with the CS rep (<24 hour from my VM to return call; would prefer them to actually answer their phone, but a 1-day return call isn't too bad), they had me return the rear sight plate/notch and set screw. About a week and a half later, I got an entire new rear sight. No charge, and no return shipping costs required (despite my offer on the phone and in my letter to pay reasonable replacement costs). Pretty good, and a big relief given the horror stories I have heard.

What is strange is that EAA did not offer to sell me the new ones. Instead they replied saying these magazines are not obsolete and don't always have the issues we know they have. I am sending them back for a refund today.

Which means some people are not knowledgeable enough to know that &*(&( up mags are the cause of their gun problems.

JT

I think if you ask for respect you will get it. I've got no problems with them.

My Weaver bridge mount for my Hunter came in less than 30 days. Limited upper i ordered was a no show because the Tangfolio factory sent no parts last month. Hoping for April.

It can't be the best set up foe EAA to be at the mercy of the Factory in Italy. I think EAA has to except whats in the shipping container when it gets to the dock in Jacksonville, FL once a month. What ever the factory made that month is what EAA gets. Factory shuts down for 6 wks in june for summer vacation(Euro style) and then the Christmas 3wk shut down. There are at least two months out of the year the EAA gets no shipment!

I think if you ask for respect you will get it. I've got no problems with them.

My Weaver bridge mount for my Hunter came in less than 30 days. Limited upper i ordered was a no show because the Tangfolio factory sent no parts last month. Hoping for April.

It can't be the best set up foe EAA to be at the mercy of the Factory in Italy. I think EAA has to except whats in the shipping container when it gets to the dock in Jacksonville, FL once a month. What ever the factory made that month is what EAA gets. Factory shuts down for 6 wks in june for summer vacation(Euro style) and then the Christmas 3wk shut down. There are at least two months out of the year the EAA gets no shipment!

I realize they are at the mercy of the factory in Italy but they should not, in my opinion, be sending anyone those old mags. In any case, they are going to refund me the money so I already sent them the mags. I found what I hope are the correct mags online and ordered them. Here's hoping. :unsure:

I realize they are at the mercy of the factory in Italy but they should not, in my opinion, be sending anyone those old mags. In any case, they are going to refund me the money so I already sent them the mags. I found what I hope are the correct mags online and ordered them. Here's hoping. :unsure:

A lot of people have ran factory ammo in the old mags and have had good luck. In fact my Baby Eagle (which had the same crappy design of mags) ran flawless on factory ammo, but when I started reloading I had to buy some newer Mec Gar ones to get it to feed right.

Also you shouldn't need to guess on what the correct mags are. There are several posts outlining the correct mags to buy and where to get them.

I agree 100% they should list out of stock and give you the option to receive the older mags at a discount if you so wish. Im new to EAA and ordered 2 mags from them I received the older ones and couldn't get them to run. After a little research I found out that these were an old style and I needed the K9. EAA only wasted my time what use are two mags that will not feed? Im still waiting on a response for an exchange as I used the mags not knowing that they were not the current mags for the gun.

I agree 100% they should list out of stock and give you the option to receive the older mags at a discount if you so wish. Im new to EAA and ordered 2 mags from them I received the older ones and couldn't get them to run. After a little research I found out that these were an old style and I needed the K9. EAA only wasted my time what use are two mags that will not feed? Im still waiting on a response for an exchange as I used the mags not knowing that they were not the current mags for the gun.

If your waiting on a reply over 2 mags, it's not coming. EAA web is for maybe viewing what they don't have for sale. Every part you want has to be ordered over the phone. Be Polite, firm and don't wine. Just swap your mags with them.

What if the guy who owns EAA paid $5/old mag(one time factory deal) and sells them to "new unsuspecting" Tangfolio owners for $20 and only has to swap out for the K Series 50% of the time. Good business model. There must be thousands of old red headed mags here and in Europe. Their not going to melt down all of the inventory of New/Old Stock Mags/THERE GOING TO GET SOLD TO SOMEBODY AT SOME PRICE!! Buyer beware!

Just a guees on my part but ther could be as many as 20% of these old mags that work fine. Not a big #!

I just called EAA and some woman gave me the run around claiming to have no idea about any new mags. As I was getting no where fast I told her id just call back later. Now im stuck with 4 worthless mags as I ordered 2 from Midway as well im really starting to get mad as im $120 in for mags that wont run any ammo.

I just called EAA and some woman gave me the run around claiming to have no idea about any new mags. As I was getting no where fast I told her id just call back later. Now im stuck with 4 worthless mags as I ordered 2 from Midway as well im really starting to get mad as im $120 in for mags that wont run any ammo.

So you have four red headed mags? Midway will take theirs back!

Call EAA and ask for Christie or Shreyl and ask to buy K9 mags.

Yes I have of the older red followers from EAA and Just today I received my order from Midway again two older red follower mags. Midway told me to call EAA for the newer mags. Ill send my Midway mags in for a refund. Im a little upset with Midway as their website shows a pic of the newer mag which I ordered but did not receive. Thanks for the tip ill give EAA a call in the morning.

Edited by cbr6864

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I have of the older red followers from EAA and Just today I received my order from Midway again two older red follower mags. Midway told me to call EAA for the newer mags. Ill send my Midway mags in for a refund. Im a little upset with Midway as their website shows a pic of the newer mag which I ordered but did not receive. Thanks for the tip ill give EAA a call in the morning.

Saw your other thread on this topic and wanted to update you. I finally got some mags from Fed Tactical after getting and sending back 9 old mags (3 from EAA and 3x2 from Midway). I sent Midway an email and wrote a review telling them to change the picture (which they now did) but they haven't posted my review yet.

Saw your other thread on this topic and wanted to update you. I finally got some mags from Fed Tactical after getting and sending back 9 old mags (3 from EAA and 3x2 from Midway). I sent Midway an email and wrote a review telling them to change the picture (which they now did) but they haven't posted my review yet.

With EAA buy on the Phone. Two simple questions, "does it have a black follower"---"Is it marked K9, K45 etc." You then have to tell them that the shipment will be returned the following day with a full refund expected if there red headed.

Open box with exacto knife. Shine a light in the box to check color and if there red, reseal box and return to shipper. Free shipping back to EAA because box was unopened! It's just tape.

THE MAG SAGA GOES ON!

• 1 month later...

I have had great service from EAA.I called with serial number and got a gal named Dawn.She was very nice.I received two mags in the mail.I have had every question answered.My mags all have red followers and I have no issues.

• 2 weeks later...

About a month after they released the new mags I just packed up my 3 9mm mags, 2 with rear spacers, 1 with no spacer and mailed them to EAA with a note saying "these don't work. sent me the new style made by mec-gar" 2 weeks later 3 new mags showed up and have been working great.

I have had great service from EAA.I called with serial number and got a gal named Dawn.She was very nice.I received two mags in the mail.I have had every question answered.My mags all have red followers and I have no issues.