Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Breaking up

spook

Don't know if this fits here, 'cause it's not so much that I hate this situation, but it just hurts like hell.

Getting dumped after 21/2 years by someone you still care about a lot sucks, and that is a major understatement.

Does anyone have any tips on speeding up the proces of "getting over it"?

The two posts in front of me are correct.  But put your situation into perspective, I got a divorce last year after 31 years of marriage, it has been 16 months and I am not over it yet. don't really know if I will get over it.

I take solice in the following lines:

When you say you have problems as great as my own

I'm forced to admit that it is true

But consider the fact, mine happen to me

While your's only happen to you.

Seriously, I am doing just like you; taking it day by day.

Wow, thanks you guys. At times like these I can see these forums are not for "just" shooting problems.

Believe me, your replies already made me feel much better.

Paul an TIS, yeah, I was afraid there are no real shortcuts. Time and positive thinking must heal the wounds.

tightloop, man, your story really put my situation in perspective. Thanks for the lines.

Bjorn

I agree with the part about TIME. But, you know, one of the best ways to repair an 'empty' spot in your life is to fill it with new, meaningful activities or people. Has worked for me in many "loss" situations. Otherwise that 'vacuum' that's temporarily there will

1.) get bigger, and

2.) start eroding and eating what remains of you. Not what you want.

Quick! Fill it with neat things to do and with cool people!

Sig Lady, you are soooo right.  Don't isolate yourself and let yourself feel down in the dumps.  Get around good people, people you really enjoy and so things for yourself.  Time it does take but Sig lady's comment was awesome.  Stay strong and we are all here for ya!!

Siglady, what you said to me is what I heard from a close friend of mine, who got dumped after a 4 year relationship. He's now 25 and it has been almost 5 years later. He's still not OK with it and says the thing he should have done is exactly what you say. Don't isolate yourself and do good things (which for me is an excuse to shoot even more than I do now:)) )

I'm just 24 so I still have a whole lifetime to do all the cool things that I like.

Dave, you cracked me up. Thanks, I needed that.

Patrick, yeah, that sucks. She told me once that if this relationship wouldn't work, she would do the same thing. Should have listened back then. This was also a university relationship. What's up with the women over there?

Thanks again everyone. It makes me feel good.

Years ago I listened to a radio call-in show where the topic of the day was "Men who've slept with both a mother and the daughter: which was best?" The interesting thing, every single man with real world experience in this category who called in said the mother.