Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 11/15

3quartertime

Ok  heres the place to say it.

I have 5 classifiers that I was waiting to have turned in.  The only two that made it are the worse I've shot in along time!!!

How stinkin' hard is it to post results for a local match.

The other day there were three rows of users on the boards,  if everyone starts hanging out here I'll never win my class!!!  

Don't get me started on people who can't drive.  Oh, wait a minute, it's the Flame War!  To all you lame-brained blockheads who can't:

Turn left without hanging your bumper in the right lane

Use a turn signal at all

Stay in your lane

Dial a cell phone without looking at it

Drive down the correct side of the street in a subdivision

Stop at a light without leaving five feet in front of you

Fair warning:  I'm buying a 1982 Chrysler Fifth Avenue, and I'm mounting a full auto paintball turret on top.  You're all going to get pasted with bright orange paint, to warn the rest of us about your bad driving.

If I'm nice, I'll use water-soluble paint.

Bunch of cry babies.

Patrick:  Take the freaking bus or walk.

Stalion:  Hire a carpenter or develop some hand eye coordination...it will help your shooting either way.

BigDave:

Does it really matter where you are if you don't even know where you are going?

3/4 time:

Why don't you volunteer to do the stats yourself? I bet your club could use more help and less complaining.

OK guys, how did I do? Does my flame thrower kick azz or what?

Big insurance pushers who posted classifiers better than mine a year ago but are still in my class are sandbaggers and deserve to stand in the rain while their newly barred lawyer wife tries to remember what her husband looked like!!!

Talented young shooters who aren't smart enough to move their finger before swinging the hammer get no simpathy,  and they still can't buy women or beer yet!!!

Shotgun shootin' gun book writers that post on 'IPSC ONLY' forums need to sell granny's car or go back to their real calling.  Drop'n magazines on rocks!!!

And last but not least,

Girlie man male school teachers in bum screw WY should take a break from sewing class and reholster that 'kick azz flame thrower' back up in their !!!  and realize that some of us are just to stinkin' important to waste our time scorin'.   Real men tear down stages not girlie stuff like -addin' up scores-!!!

And oh yea,,,Whinners rule!!!

(Edited by 3quartertime at 12:47 pm on Nov. 15, 2002)

[ Crossing the line of better sense mode on]

World class shooters that retired before some new guy could beat up on them then brag about sitting on the porch of their newest estate playing with their newest high dollar toy should hand deliver orders and give impromtu free shooting leasons as a thank you for the pearls of wisdom that some here graciously impart on their web forums!!!

[Crossing the line of better sense mode off]

Boy did that feel good.  Wait did I say that or think that!!!

[small as a mouse humility mode on]

Did I ever say how much I like helping with the moderating chores!!!  Anything I can do,  anytime

[small as a mouse humility mode off]

OK guys, when EricW and I both post in the same thread and you reply to one of us, don't freaking address either of us as "ErikW." Christ on a crutch, you are gonna drive us nuts trying to figure out to whom you are typing. And if TheOtherErik chimes in, you'd better be real specific and double-check.

What's up with all the forum members sandbagging in the various USPSA divisions? I took a look at the A class top 20 and I thought I was reading a forum thread.

Could air travel in the U.S. be any more unpleasant or any less generally f_cked up? I could have driven to Arizona in the time it took me to get there from San Francisco, and I wouldn't have had any assholes go through my luggage.

What kind of loser travels from Podunk or East Bufu to Phoenix to see some good ole boys drive cars around in circles? And waits in line for hours for an autographed poster and spends countless dollars on clothing and other crap to identify with their favorite good ole boy who they think can go gast and turn left better than the other good ole boys when in fact the sanctioning body smacks down any good ole boy and his team if he appears to win more than any of the others because they want all the sponsors to get their money's worth of exposure.

I must have 100 channels of shjt on the television and not one of them carries the American Shooter program so I can see coverage of the 3 Gun nats and Factory Gun nats. I guess they can't fit it in between all the twits redecorating each others' homes.

Sandbagger in A class. Ha, I knew it was only a matter of time before someone brought that up. Yeah, I  parked right at 84 point something per cent in Limited...then I stopped shooting classifiers and sold my Limited pistol. Ya know why, do ya?

Well, it's because I am sandbagging in B class Open. If I move up to Limited Master, they automatically move me to A class in Open and I am not ready for that. So there EricW.

(Edited by Ron Ankeny at 1:52 pm on Nov. 15, 2002)

You bunch of whiners...sitting around venting your petty rants on a nice safe computer forum when you ought to be out practicing. Get out there in the real world and tell those people what you really think. None of this namby-pamby PC language you use here.

I'd sneak out of the office and go shoot something, but it's raining.

Eric

go arbitrate something.

Tell the joggers to get on the sidewalk and out of the blamed street

every woman who puts on makeup in the car should be arrested

everybody who drives and talks on the cell phone should be shot

people who drive 55 in the fast lane should loose the right to drive on the freeway

people who get in the express checkout line without cash ready or more than the allowed # of item should have to shop by mail.

women who have waited in line for three people ahead of them and after getting their 100 items checked out then start to search for their check book...

people who can't shut off that damn cell phone in a restaurant or movie...

I guess that covers abvout everyone on this forum, so there...

There are a lot of drivers out there who threaten my life with their actions (cell phone users, make up appliers, people reading the newspaper while driving, generally stupid drivers). I've never quite understood why I'm not allowed to defend myself by shooting them.

Universities that lose my applications for graduation not once but twice and follow it up with removing my major from future catalogs.  Inane overly tedious projects that consume 60+ hours a week removing any hope of serious practice.  And Australian mine design programs that cannot have any continuity in command names or menu formats between the program and the manuals.

To the ones who took American Shooter off TNN this year, you're looking down the barrel of my 40-caliber...!

Snot-nosed kids with bad grammar!

Lead, follow or get the hell under the table before I step on ya'!

Maybe all you ERIKS out there can can just change your names each week, then we'll be sure to never quite know who you are... or start an ERIK forum for Eriks only... or something!

Hang up and drive!!!

(Can you hear me now...?)

Elderly whomever drivers with their flippin' poodle dogs in their laps(!) doin' 40 down the 65mph freeways....!

Certain people who look down on certain female shooters...!

Reloaders who don't/won't return my e-mails!

People who still think Glocks are all plastic and can slip thru metal detectors!! (sheesh!)

People who don't know sh!t about guns and who don't want to know because they're scared!! (of what, I dare not speculate on this dignified, family-oriented forum Website.)

[Ah, that was just the tip of the iceberg. Plenty enough to get beaten up on about though, I bet...]

I can't believe that it's ever worth shooting anyone over TELEVISION (even if it was one of the better shows out there). Besides "What did you expect from TNN???"

Snot-nosed kids are no problem. Wipe their noses, rub them with olive oil and garlic, grill them 10 minutes per pound. They taste just like chicken. (With an appropriate sauce you won't even notice the bad grammar.)

ERIK?? I'm just going to call you all "Bruce".

Lay off the old ladies. But, any poodle dog caught in the lap of a driver should be immediately sent to the pound.

I've never looked down on female shooters (down their shirts when I get the chance, but never down on). Sorry, that Y chromosome does exert forces beyond my control.

I'm not just tired of people who don't know sh*t about guns, I'm d*mned tired of people who just DON'T KNOW SH*T! Do they think they really have the right to take up space on this planet and use up the air? Get real! Earn your keep or get out!

Austin, Universities have a huge catalog of plans to make life as difficult as possible for their students. Really good universities tailor the problems to the individual student to make life especially difficult. Many large universities are so impersonal that every student just faces the same generic problems. You should actually be thankful that you are part of an educational system that cares enough to make your life a special kind of h*ll.

Morons in bicycles riding on sidewalks!!  Notably in the dark, while you're jogging with your dog and can't see the damn things coming because of the A-hole in the SUV burning your retinas out with thermonuclear high-beams.  

Grrrrr........chaps my @ss...

Eric - with a "C"

Not quite midnight...

The left lane is for passing you slow F'ing A-hole.

I should be allowed to drive as fast as I want for one minute for every minute I sit in traffic.

If you can outshoot me in a match situation on paper targets, then you can write me a ticket.

65 mph??????? WTF is that about? Cars have come a long way since 1957.

Why won't you let me over? A-hole.

I let you over. You're supposed to wave. It's the American way.

It's raining. Just drive. Don't go faster or slower. Just drive.

Can you tell I drive a lot? 3000+ miles a month.

Uncle Bill... Go ahead, take winter off. Please. :)

SA

Not midnight here yet!

Danged tired of people who can't figure out my name. Just because my parents decided to call me by my middle name (John Kelly McCoy - call me "Kelly" please) shouldn't be a real problem for intelligent people.

"Getting the hang of it" - I've been b*tching out loud for years. I think I'm not just getting the hang of it, I'm refining the art.

Those morons are riding their bicycles on the sidewalk to get farther away from me (on the road). I don't blame them, diesel exhaust is pretty noxious. You want to walk your dogs in the dark...take a flashlight. You're welcome to defend yourself against attacks with dangerous weapons like bicycles.

Stupid drivers...we've all comented on the problem. Everyone gets issued a dart gun with bright orange darts that say "IDIOT" if you see someone being an idiot - shoot them with a dart. If the police see a car with more than 3 darts they pull over the driver and give them a ticket for being an IDIOT. (Not an original suggestion.)

Have a good weekend Bruce,

(Edited by jkmccoy at 6:10 pm on Nov. 16, 2002)

Hey @sswipe!!!  It's called a "sideWALK," not a "sideRIDE."  Bicycles are considered vehicles and belong on the motherf-ing road with the rest of the vehicles.  If they don't want to compete with other vehicles, bike riders should get an f-ing clue and get a car, like I and everybody else did when they turned sixteen.  

Whew!!!  I feel better now.

OK Bruce,

It's 12:07 here, but I can't let that pass.

Fair enough. Put the bicyclists back on the road and I'll be happy to run them down if the aren't keeping up with the normal speed of traffic.

Don't let me catch you running on the side"walk"!! Jogging is obviously not walking and you will need to share the street with me and my diesel truck. Good luck.

Cheers (and I guess anything else will have to wait until next week),