Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 11/15

3quartertime

I like the part about "IDIOT" (one of my fave words.)

This community (polite word for Eugene, OR) has taken bicycles off the sidewalks (thank god) and built lanes for them all over town. It's the one sensible thing this town did years ago.

Now what's left to do is just vaporize those (yes) idiots on the road who get everyone ELSE killed then act all indignant when they're chastized for bad driving (and they sit there blaming the dead driver for the accident)!!!!..... Jeez-Louise!!

Yeh, I guess you can look down my shirt if you want, wise guy. Gotta catch me, first!!  

...and that is why I like to RO.  You HAVE to stop in front of me..darn Y chromosome...

rant

Everyone thinks they are better drivers than they actually are.

Of course, this irritates those of us who are actually better drivers than everyone else...

That said...

If you can't handle doing the speed limit, turn in your licence.

If you going faster than I am, I'll let you by with a cheerful wave ("...go find the cops!).  By the same token, if I'm going faster than you, don't block me from passing you...and for damn sure don't speed up just enough to box me in and then slow back down again...(need those "idiot" darts quite badly around here...)

If bike riders want to play like they are actual traffic (besides the whole "keep up or get run over" thing...and by the way, Kelly drives a truely LARGE Diesel truck...white so the blood shows up better)...then they had better stop at the stop signs and red lights like everyone else.

/rant

Watched a geek on a bike (easy identification, it was an Army post) blow through a stop sight at the bottom of a rather steep hill.  The SP in front of me turned to follow him, and waited until said geek huffed and puffed his way almost to the top of the hill...before turning on the gumball machines and making him stop for a ticket.  Just...beautiful...brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it...heh heh...

Alex

(Edited by Wakal at 9:34 pm on Nov. 16, 2002)