Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for IPSC nationals

Actually Mark, the US also has the US IPSC Nationals. Last two years they were held at the Mid-Carolina club in South Carolina. They are a must attend qualifier match for anyone looking for a 2012 World Shoot slot.

There is no HG WS in 2012 ... The next scheduled HG WS is in 2014 (in Frostproof.) They are on a 3-year cycle, the most recent having been in Greece, last year.

I just received e-mail confirmation from a reliable source that the next US IPSC Nationals will be in Frostproof on 14-16 September. If you think that's close to the USPSA Nationals, it's even closer to the next Pan American Championships in Paraguay which start slightly before the USPSA Nationals and end during them. It could be an interesting and BUSY fall! (At least they moved the USPSA MG Nationals to April ... Not everyone is happy with that, but just imagine how much busier things COULD have been!!!)

This is crap. How are we suppose to work to pay to go(drive) to these matches, that we HAVE to shoot if we want in the WS in 2014. It's almost March and no offical announcement about a most important match. Most of us do have jobs and need to schedule this things.

So, do you have to shoot all the qualifier matches in 2012 & 2013? Or just the qualifiers in the year prior to WS 2014? Or qualifier matches in 2014? I called myself looking for the info on USPSA.org, but my net-fu is pitiful. What are the qualifier matches anyway?

So, do you have to shoot all the qualifier matches in 2012 & 2013? Or just the qualifiers in the year prior to WS 2014? Or qualifier matches in 2014? I called myself looking for the info on USPSA.org, but my net-fu is pitiful. What are the qualifier matches anyway?

2012 and 2013 IPSC National and 2012 and 2013 USPSA Nationals. Need to shoot 3 of 4. Not sure if this is for all the teams or just to get into Worlds from USA. This info is in another thread.

Your points for three Nationals go towards earning a slot for the 2014 WS. I'm sorry Shootingchef thinks it's crap but with expecting requests for slots to top 1000 and the possibility of only receiving 76 main match slots from IPSC we really couldn't come up with a more fair way to do it. Yes I would love to see the announcement for the match but it's not out. The dates, are at least.

As far as the importance. Keep in mind if you're not going for a team slot it doesn't matter what division you accumulate points in. If you shoot the Single Stack Nationals, and Production Nationals this year, the IPSC Nationals in Open next year, that is the three matches for points. Just as an example.

It's your best three of the four specified. If you're just going for a slot, not a specific team placement, division doesn't matter. You'll have to shoot an IPSC Nats at some point to get the third match, either this year or next. But the USPSA Nationals there are lots of different options. SS/LPR/OL10(Or whatever mix). You can't use all three USPSA matches, and you have to shoot at least one match in 2012 and 2013.

The policy is listed under the BOD Online Meeting minutes from December 30, 2011.

Your points for three Nationals go towards earning a slot for the 2014 WS. I'm sorry Shootingchef thinks it's crap but with expecting requests for slots to top 1000 and the possibility of only receiving 76 main match slots from IPSC we really couldn't come up with a more fair way to do it. Yes I would love to see the announcement for the match but it's not out. The dates, are at least.

As far as the importance. Keep in mind if you're not going for a team slot it doesn't matter what division you accumulate points in. If you shoot the Single Stack Nationals, and Production Nationals this year, the IPSC Nationals in Open next year, that is the three matches for points. Just as an example.

The selection process is fine, it's the lack of information about match dates and whereabouts for 2012.

2012 and 2013 IPSC National and 2012 and 2013 USPSA Nationals. Need to shoot 3 of 4. Not sure if this is for all the teams or just to get into Worlds from USA. This info is in another thread.

Thanks for the info, Mike!

One other avenue ... IF you are interested in WORKING the match, IPSC does allow for ROs to shoot the pre-match free of charge. The results are included in the overall results for the match as a whole - just the same as if you shot the main event. I don't KNOW this eill be the case in Florida, but I will be shocked if it isn't.

You don't HAVE to be IROA certified. IROA will provide the RM, CROs, and a few ROs for the match. However, and generally speaking, the host region will usually supply a large contingent of NROI certified ROs.

Yes, IPSC rules are a little different from USPSA rules. But as an NROI RO you would be working under the supervision of an IROA certified RO and they will help keep you straight. I'm certain Amidon will be central in the selection process of which USPSA ROs to offer up to assist with the match, and I suspect he will be looking mostly towards those who have proven themselves at our Area and National Championships.

Two drawbacks, if you decide this is the way you want to go ... 1) You typically shoot the match in 3 full days vs. 6 half-days. This can be tiring! 2 - You will work your BUTT off for the roughly 2+ weeks of the match. But hey - You'll also get the chance to see the best shooters IN THE WORLD come through your stage and see how they solve the problem.

Just something to think about ...