Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for 3 gun matches in the NKY/Cincinnati area

Hello all. New to the forum and the 3 Gun world. I live in the Northern KY area and I am looking for some matches in this area. I would love to here from some of the folks that live in this area. I have been out of shooting for awhile but grew up shooting clays, pistols, rimfire matches where I grew up. There is a group of 5 of us that all live in the same area that are wanting to get into shooting 3 Gun type matches. Would love to know where others shoot in the area etc. etc. Any info would be much appreciated. I am new to the world of AR style rifles also. I am currently looking at building or buying a rifle to shoot in 3 gun matches so any info there I would also appreciate. I looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Swedge58

none in the northern KY area. Come on down to wilmore(just outside lexington). We have one down here every other month. www.bgslinc.com Other that that which is the closest. owensboro also has a very good 3 gun match. For the rifle, DPMS has a good18inch rifle length tube barrel. That with a freefloat handguard makes for a good start without breaking the bank

Funny I just got off of their website. Have you shot there? Is it Newbie friendly? Also I have been looking at the DPMS at Buds. If all goes well I want to pick up a rifle in the next 2 weeks.

Edited by swedge58

Funny I just got off of their website. Have you shot there? Is it Newbie friendly? Also I have been looking at the DPMS at Buds. If all goes well I want to pick up a rifle in the next 2 weeks.

Everyone at BGSL in Wilmore is great. I shoot there regularly.

Might also look at the Stag Arms 3G and Loki Weapons 3 gun rifle were I you and I didn't want to pony up for a JP or Noveske right off the bat.

Thanks for the input guys. I will be making the trip down to Wilmore and up to Wilmington. Not sure if I will make it down to Knoxville but thanks for the invite. My equipment is now set I picked up my new rifle today. I got a LMT Defender CQB 16 and I could not be happier with my choice. I picked it up in Louisville for a awesome price! So that puts me with my Springfield XDM 40 SW and my trusty Remington 870. I will be using iron sights on my AR for the time being. Just can't spring for a EO tech, or any other high end optic right now because I broke the bank on the rifle. I do need to add a mag. tube extension to my 870. But I think I am set to go. Thanks again!!

• 3 weeks later...