Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 FNH USA 3 Gun

I am going on record....we will NOT be using the count down clock for registration, we will NOT require you to shoot previous matches to sign up however we will ask that you be prepared as the match application will be available on 1 May 2012.

I must say, that is OUTSTANDINGLY EXCELLENT!!

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The application for FULL TIME STAFF only is now available. I am the AMD and I will be handling the staffing for Larry. If you want a staff application email me at hkbrt@verizon.net

The staff package is incredible:

- We do collect the $285 entry fee, but at the end of the match we refund the full amount if you fulfill your obligation.

- You are guaranteed a slot in the match (they will be at a premium)and you shoot the whole match for prizes. We had a $300,00 prize table last year (over 100 guns)and we intend to do better this year.

- We pay half hotel room for the entire time, so if you share a room it's free. Tuesday through Saturday nights.

- Food money for the match days.

- Per diem on the Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday before if you're there to help set up.

- First class staff appreciation dinner Friday night

- An unbelievable staff drawing. Last year we gave away a SCAR, an AR, 2 FN pistols, and a custom SBR upper, in addition to a prize for every member of staff ranging from $100 to $300 in value.

We had a fantastic staff last year. Most of those guys and gals will be returning and we are adding even more. We are making several changes to the staff shooting and working schedules so everyone will have a more relaxed, enjoyable, and competitive shooting and working experience. If you've never worked for Larry and/or I you don't know how well staff can be treated. We are both driven type A personalites and we aim to run the best match in the country. For both our shooters and staff. Why not be both?

We will need people of all skill levels from RMs and CROs to ROs and people to help with scoresheets, and resetting. We want the best staff available, but don't think that you have nothing to contribute.

What we're asking for from you:

- Staff will be needed from 7:00am Wednesday, September 19th until noon on Sunday, September 23rd.

- The majority of staff will shoot in a single day on Wednesday the 18th of September. They will then work Thursday, Friday, and Saturday while the competitors shoot.

- Saturday PM wil be the banquet with prize distribution.

- Sunday AM we'll tear the match down and load it into the FNH trailers.

Please keep in mind this early application is for FULL TIME STAFF only. Staff applicants who do not show up to work, but show up to shoot will be removed from the match and their entry will not be refunded. Don't try to game this process. Larry and I have been gaming longer than most of you. :)

Competitor-only Applications will be posted sometime in April and will be accepted beginning May 1st.

Thanks, Howard

Edited by Howard762

Is there possibly going to be registration online or payment online. Or at least can I call in with a credit card #? We're coming from out of country and Money Orders really suck.

What's the suck Matt...?

Other than having to actually walk into a bank to get one... I've used 'em often for the US matches... 'Never a problem really...

Edited by Gaoler

"We do collect the $285 entry fee"

$285?

I don't know if it is a deal breaker, but wow!

Match fee, hotel room for the duration, food, gas, ammo, damn.

What has gone up in price 14% this year? My pay didn't.

I would say demand has probably gone up more than 25%. I'm right there with you on how it sucks, but as expensive as it is to put on a match of this size, I can't blame MDs for raising the match fee when they fill near instantly.

Edited to add- This was a great match and is still on the "must shoot" list even after the increase. Hell, the chicken and dumplins alone are worth going.

Edited by Bryan 45

It is in line with the other big multiguns, and it will be an exceptional value for sure.

USPSA Nationals have been in that ball park for years, and in comparison we offer a much greater prize table and 3 times the guns to shoot ;)

Is there possibly going to be registration online or payment online. Or at least can I call in with a credit card #? We're coming from out of country and Money Orders really suck.

What's the suck Matt...?

Other than having to actually walk into a bank to get one... I've used 'em often for the US matches... 'Never a problem really...

Me too, just don't like the thought of them getting lost. Besides, its a digital world out there! :D

Figures the chicken and dumplings came up. They were always out by the time I got there for lunch. Hope to make this match again. I had a blast last year even though I shot terrible.

Chicken and dumplings :cheers:

Figures the chicken and dumplings came up. They were always out by the time I got there for lunch. Hope to make this match again. I had a blast last year even though I shot terrible.

This year just take a zero on the stage you are shooting about 11 o'clock- that way you know there will still be some at the range house.

:)

What's the suck Matt...?

Me too, just don't like the thought of them getting lost. Besides, its a digital world out there! :D

I assisted with the Pan Am and the credit card online thing can be a disaster....oh yea don't forget the expense imposed on the match for people to use a credit card. Linda goes by post mark and it does not do any good to overnight, that won't help.

Larry

You will be able to prebuy lounch tickets so they have an idea of how much to fix......I think they are planning on cooking soup and chicken n dumplings in a 55 gal drum this year.

This year just take a zero on the stage you are shooting about 11 o'clock- that way you know there will still be some at the range house.

:)

The food will be up where the trailers were which is very close to shooting and provides plenty of parking.

Larry

OK, so I hear you guys saying you want weak hand and strong hand shooting in the 2012 FNH USA match.....I can do that!

Why not let the targets dictate the shot? If guys want to shoot support side shotgun/pistol/rifle, let them. Can't stand mandatory support shooting. And btw, I don't have a "weak" side... :sight:

"We do collect the $285 entry fee"

$285?

I don't know if it is a deal breaker, but wow!

Match fee, hotel room for the duration, food, gas, ammo, damn.

What has gone up in price 14% this year? My pay didn't.

I can guarantee you that Larry is not lining his pockets off of this match. I'll bet every cent of that, and probably significantly more than what the match is bringing in will be given back to the competitors. If I had to guess aobut the price increase he's probably adding staff and better off range facilities (can't really make the range any better, it's pretty awesome already).

I am glad for one thing. MD's really could gouge competitors. It would be very easy to just keep raising match entry fees until the market wouldn't bear them. As it is this match will fill in the first week without a problem. I'm betting it would still fill at $400.00 or even $500.00. If I could make it this year I'd pay the $285 and be happy to do it, knowing it will be money well spent.

What's the suck Matt...?

I assisted with the Pan Am and the credit card online thing can be a disaster....oh yea don't forget the expense imposed on the match for people to use a credit card. Linda goes by post mark and it does not do any good to overnight, that won't help.

Larry

Have you seen or considered this. http://www.eventbrite.com/

We are definitely adding more staff, and staff is expensive. We had a fantastic crew last year but we were a little thin in spots. I've already had a ton of new guys contact me, and I'm going to keep hiring until Larry cuts me off. How much staff is too much?