Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bulge buster

Lee Die set tight to the shell plate. People will say EGW Die around here as well. I have yet to find a need for anything other then the standard Lee Die using a Dillon Case Gauge as my measure of success.

+1 My Lee resizing die doesn't mind bulged brass either ;)

Lee Die set tight to the shell plate. People will say EGW Die around here as well. I have yet to find a need for anything other then the standard Lee Die using a Dillon Case Gauge as my measure of success.

+1 My Lee resizing die doesn't mind bulged brass either ;)

+1 i also reload for glocks and use the lee resizing die.

• 2 weeks later...

I load glock brass in 9mm and 40 and don't have any issues with GLOCK BULGE with my Dillon dies. I shot it out of my STI Eagle, S&W M&P 9mm, SA EMP 9mm, Glock 26 with no issues if any maybe maybe 1 case in every 500. I do however check all my ammo for major matches in my gun I intend to shoot the bullets from.

Lee FCD takes the bulge out of all my cases. My buddy has a regular Lee 3 die set and he gave me a couple test rounds he reloaded to check in my Glock. They wouldn't even fit in the chamber all the way. I ran them through the FCD and no bulge.

If you shoot Glocks only, the above recommendations work fine. However, if your handloads need to work in other makes, you will need to get rid of the bulge completely - all the way down to the extractor groove.

I used Lee carbide sizer and FCD - the reloads worked fine in a G35, but not in a 1911. I found that out the hard way, when my Para 40SW started jamming during a match.

I wound up buying a Case-Pro, but there are inexpensive alternatives from Redding and Lee.

well this is what i ended up doing :

Redding G-RX Carbide Base Sizing Die Kit 40 S&W, 357 Sig, 10mm Auto

Redding G-RX Sizing Die High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Bottle 32 oz

Redding G-RX Sizing Die Bottle Adapter

Lee Reloader Single Stage Press

little slow but they all seem to pass after words case cage and all micrometers measures .

well this is what i ended up doing :

Redding G-RX Carbide Base Sizing Die Kit 40 S&W, 357 Sig, 10mm Auto

Redding G-RX Sizing Die High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Bottle 32 oz

Redding G-RX Sizing Die Bottle Adapter

Lee Reloader Single Stage Press

little slow but they all seem to pass after words case cage and all micrometers measures .

I use the same setup. But I use my own bottle. I was thinking of replacing the bottle with a hose the will drop the brass in the ammo can on the floor.

Take care

Edited by Radioteacher

OKreloading with a dillion RL550B seems the ammo spent cases from my glock 23 I am going to need to take the bulge out , any cheap recommendations on how to do that wish there was way to do with my dillion:

I know you said cheap, but ... Ths works pretty slick for me ...

http://www.magmaengineering.com/component/banners/click/10/

Edited by spideysteve

What cartridge?

In general, the best way to get rid of the bulge that I have found is using a push-through sizer such as the Lee FCD or the Redding GRX (?).

The Hornady New Dimension sizing dies go down the case further than my other brands of dies, including Lee. They can go down so far, that they can leave a raised ridge near the extractor groove if the cases were "glocked" or "majored". This ridge will play havoc with chambering.

This is why I went with the Lee Bulge Buster.

For 9x19 and 9x21, get the Lee 9mm MAK FCD to use with the bulge buster.

I have started to run all my 9x19, 9x21, .40 S&W, 10mm Auto, .45 ACP, and .45 Win Mag cases through after case cleaning.

What cartridge?

In general, the best way to get rid of the bulge that I have found is using a push-through sizer such as the Lee FCD or the Redding GRX (?).

The Hornady New Dimension sizing dies go down the case further than my other brands of dies, including Lee. They can go down so far, that they can leave a raised ridge near the extractor groove if the cases were "glocked" or "majored". This ridge will play havoc with chambering.

This is why I went with the Lee Bulge Buster.

For 9x19 and 9x21, get the Lee 9mm MAK FCD to use with the bulge buster.

I have started to run all my 9x19, 9x21, .40 S&W, 10mm Auto, .45 ACP, and .45 Win Mag cases through after case cleaning.

How is the 9mm Mak working for 9x19? Good results?