Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Side-by-side magazine holder

Nimitz

I'm not exactly sure what these are called but I was watching a Todd Jarrett utube video about reloading techniques & he was demonstrating a pair of Pmag style magazines which were somehow clipped together with a space between them so to reload instead of ejecting a magazine & grabbing another from his belt he simple pulled out the empty mag & slipped in the full mag which was attached next to it.

Does anybody know what these are called and who carries them? thx

Anyone use the brownell's couplers like the one Miculek demo's in his videos? Looks like wilson combat also makes one that is very close to it. I've been running a firebird for awhile and like it but it's a little short for me when I lay prone. The staggered mags on the brownell's look like they'd give me just a little more height.

Edited by pater

I have one of the Brownells ones and it works great. (other than the normal problems you get with coupled mags, namely tbe top round in the second mag working forward. I still use it, even with that occasional problem. It's great to pod off of which when I use it the most . When the top round has walked I just drop the whole thing and do a regular reload)

I have one of the Brownells ones and it works great. (other than the normal problems you get with coupled mags, namely tbe top round in the second mag working forward. I still use it, even with that occasional problem. It's great to pod off of which when I use it the most . When the top round has walked I just drop the whole thing and do a regular reload)

The trick to avoiding the walking top round is to choose a coupler that does not hold the magazines too rigidly. I used to use two Arredondo couplers together because they were more secure and solid-feeling that way, but the top round always walked. When I removed one to get more flex, the top round stopped walking.

I currently prefer a pair of C-Products 43-round magazines coupled together. 86+1 rounds on tap, and the perfect height for monopodding.

You are welcome :D

Edited by StealthyBlagga

The trick to avoiding the walking top round is to choose a coupler that does not hold the magazines too rigidly. I used to use two Arredondo couplers together because they were more secure and solid-feeling that way, but the top round always walked. When I removed one to get more flex, the top round stopped walking.

I currently prefer a pair of C-Products 43-round magazines coupled together. 86+1 rounds on tap, and the perfect height for monopodding.

You are welcome :D

FWIW, CDNN has the cproducts 40 rounders on sale right now for $14.99. What are you using to couple the extended mags together? mag sale

Edited by pater