Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

I'm trying to get the website updated now. Until then, the entry and 2012 schedule are attached.

Since lunch(es) will be provided this year, the amateur match fee went up $10. It probably won't be enough to cover the food, but it will help! I'm currently working to secure a match hotel. Although the River Ranch has been more than willing to accommodate our needs (mainly the offering of food!), I'm entertaining other options.

Hope to see you there!

Phil Strader

2012 Pro-Am Registration.pdf

2012Schedule.pdf

Edited by gmshtr

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update...hotel info is now posted at www.proamshooting.com.

We currently have 48 slots left for Sunday AM and 65 for Sat AM. The Open match has plenty of space left. HOWEVER, applications typically come in squads at a time, so Sunday AM will most likely be full in a couple weeks, with Saturday AM soon to follow.

Don't delay!

Phil

Edited by gmshtr

Wait!

I'm supposed to print out the application?

Then fill it out with a Pen/Pencil?

And then handwrite a check?

Then put it in an envelope, fill out the envelope, stick a stamp on it and drop it in a mailbox?

I am not sure if I remember how to do all that!

Come to think of it, I know for a fact my kids could not do this if asked!

What happened to an online form with credit card payment?

Yep, in fact that is what the Pros have to do. Most popular for the Ams is open sat afternoon and limited sun morning. But lots are shooting both with a Limited gun (in fact I was shooting a production gun in both last year) so shooting the open first lets you get ready for the limited match. Any way you do it, shooting both is the best way and no matter what you want to hydrate ALL of the time!

Sorry I haven't responded in a timely manner, but it looks like the questions were answered. BTW, shooting 18 stages in one day is not for the novice or easily (heat) exhausted. And yes, you will need to print the app, fill it out, and mail it...i'll think about going online next year!

Match applications are coming in in a rush...20 just today, and 40 in the last 3 days! I think Sat and Sun Limited will definitely fill up this year, so don't delay. I'll be updating the squads tonight. If you couldn't tell, tinted boxes are squad requests that will not be separated.

Phil

Edited by gmshtr

• 1 month later...

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Between work, MG Nats, and kids at home, things have been a bit hectic.

I've gone through the last batch of match applications, and the squad lists have been updated. Over half of the competitors signed up thus far did NOT shoot last year. With only 22 slots left on Sunday morning, and not many more available Sat AM or Sun PM, I've got a feeling that the mad last-minute rush is going to leave some folks high and dry.

Don't wait until it's too late!

The updated squad lists are attached. They can also been found at http://www.straightersolutions.com/Straighter_Solutions,_LLC/Pro-Am.html

See you on the range!

Phil

www.proamshooting.com

2012 Squad List FRI AM.pdf

2012 Squad List FRI PM.pdf

2012 Squad List SAT AM.pdf

2012 Squad List SAT PM.pdf

2012 Squad List SUN AM.pdf

2012 Squad List SUN PM.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Only 7 slots left for Sunday AM. Once it fills, Sat AM will be quick to follow.

23 slots left for Sunday PM (Open).

35 slots left for Saturday AM (Limited)

Squad lists have been updated...go to www.proamshooting.com for the latest info.

Plenty left everywhere else.

Don't miss out!

Phil

Edited by gmshtr

Dropped a Sunday PM in the mail today. Let the games begin!

Shooting that shiny new Open gun? Grab that "old" plastic gun and play with us in limited as well! I am shooting Open Sat PM and Limited Sun AM- both with limited gun.

It'll be my first big match with the new Akai gun, I'm pretty pumped about it. Looks like I'm just gonna be shooting the dot that weekend though. But don't worry, I'll still drop by and harass you when you're on deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Is there an update to the squad lists?

I checked the web site provided in earlier posts above, but I still don't see my friends and I listed and we sent our registration and check a couple weeks ago.

Thank you!!!;

Jorge R.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delayed updates. I've been pretty busy lately!

Sunday AM is full with eight people on the wait list. Sat AM usually follows suit with a week or two. There are 25 slots left for Sat AM, 8 for the Sun PM Open match, and half of the slots are available for Sat PM. As usual, the RO/Staff day (Friday) is wide open for both matches. Updated squad lists are on the website.

I've also attached the Sunday-Full application if there are any last minute folks who want to try to get in.

So far, I've secured over $50K for the prize table...I'm still about $25K short of where I want to be, but we'll see what happens.

Hope to see you on the range.

Phil

2012 Pro-Am Registration SUN full.pdf