Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 SP-01 VS SP-01 Shadow

ntphd

Can you mill a SP-01 slide to accept the same rear sights as a SP-01 Shadow?

Would that still be legal for USPSA Production?

Are the front sights the same?

The SP 01 and shadow will accept the same front sight.

It is USPSA legal to mill the slide for different sights, but CZC makes tactical and competition rear sights for the standard SP 01.

Edited by Czhase

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my standard SP 01 with CZC fiber front, and tactical rear.

Looks like the competition rear sight that came on my SP-01 Shadow... Where did you get that rear sight?

Is the beavertail the same size and dimension on a SP-01 and a SP-01 Shadow?

Did you run the sandpaper under the grips? Looks like a nice, clean job!

Here is my standard SP 01 with CZC fiber front, and tactical rear.

Looks like the competition rear sight that came on my SP-01 Shadow... Where did you get that rear sight?

Is the beavertail the same size and dimension on a SP-01 and a SP-01 Shadow?

Did you run the sandpaper under the grips? Looks like a nice, clean job!

Here is a link for the rear sight.

http://czcustom.com/CZ-Tactical-Rear-Sight.aspx

The SP 01 and the SP 01 Shadow frames are identical.

Yeah, I run the grip tape under the grips.

Thanks,

Chase

Is the front sight groove in the CZ 75 SP-01 slide the same dimensions as the SP-01 Shadow's slide?

I want to use a Dawson Precision SP-01 Shadow front sight on my CZ 75 SP-01.

Will the Shadow front sight work in my CZ 75 SP-01?

Yeah, front sight dovetails are the same.

Is the front sight groove in the CZ 75 SP-01 slide the same dimensions as the SP-01 Shadow's slide?

Thanks for your help... I appreciate it!

I have a CZ 75 SP-01 now and plan to make it as close to my CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow from AA as possible. My first step is to change the night sights over to the competition rear and Dawson FO front sight.

Not sure what the next project will be after the sights... Probably a competition hammer and springs... or maybe just the main, recoil, and firing pin springs... and an extended firing pin...

I'm not sure I'm up to speed enough on the sear and hammer geometry to swap in a competition hammer yet...

I have a CZ 75 SP-01 now and plan to make it as close to my CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow from AA as possible. My first step is to change the night sights over to the competition rear and Dawson FO front sight.

Not sure what the next project will be after the sights... Probably a competition hammer and springs... or maybe just the main, recoil, and firing pin springs... and an extended firing pin...

I'm not sure I'm up to speed enough on the sear and hammer geometry to swap in a competition hammer yet...

No problem, the comp hammer isn't a tough upgrade. It's a drop in part, but you will probably have to refit the safety for the new hammer.

No problem, the comp hammer isn't a tough upgrade. It's a drop in part, but you will probably have to refit the safety for the new hammer.

Or use a CGW adjustable sear. The toughest part is getting the old hammer pins out.

If you havnt already upgraded to a SRT disco, you could buy the comp hammer and disco, as well as a new hammer strut (cheap) and 2 new no.9 pins and build a drop in hammer assembly. You may find this works ok with your original sear but the CGW one will make fitting a cinch.

OK. I've had my new SP-01 manual safety(my first CZ) for one week and won't get to shoot it until tomorrow at the earliest. Already want the to upgrade the trigger but remain IDPA SSP compliant. 3.5 to 4 lb trigger with shorter reset and less creep, who wouldn't want that?

Edited by JLeeCZ