Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster wear on my beautiful hard chromed finish

waddo29

I have a beautiful hard chromed STI Eagle .40 S&W w\bushing barrel that I have set up for Limited in USPSA and ESP for IDPA. I use a Race Master holster in USPSA and that is where I shoot my majority of competitions. I recently competed in my first IDPA with this pistol and I already have the holster marks to show for it. :angry2:

It's a tool. Tools get beat up when you use them. It will be okay! B)

Is it just kydex skid marks that can be buffed off?

+1 on both counts. My HC 1911 looks like new after a couple of years. It will get the occasional kydex mark, but those come right off at the next cleaning.

BB

The issue with a lined holster is that sand/dirt/grit can get imbedded into the lining and it can truly scratch your pistol.

I really appreciate this tip, I hadn't thought of that and I was considering a lined holster

You have to upload the pics to your computer and then reduce the size of the pic with something like microsoft paint so that its within the upload size limits. Then you can directly post it on the forum.

I take every new gun I get and toss it in the back of the pickup to bounce around with concrete blocks for a few days. Then I never worry again about holster wear :)

On a serious note if you use grip tape the sand granules will get down in an enclosed holster and make some awful scratches.

You have to upload the pics to your computer and then reduce the size of the pic with something like microsoft paint so that its within the upload size limits. Then you can directly post it on the forum.

post-33391-0-12599400-1326395838_thumb.j

Thank You for the Pic posting help CMV

Edited by waddo29