Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 22 for training?

JoseyWalesX

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The video above is how I removed my safety. Except, I removed the silver pin that the safety ears were on. and replaced it with the same pin size, just shorter as there was no need for a longer one as no ears were going back on. I found a guy on the internet who had made the right size pin, and made a perfect frame plug from the same material as the pistol to fill the empty hole. It was made on a three D printer and everything went together so smooth and you would never know this pistol came with a safety.

Problem Solved, add some Dawson fiber optic sight and go practice.

Here is a close photo of mine.  It came with a safety, and I removed it.  This is my favorite gun to practice cheap with.  I follow up with a mag of 9mm.  The call it a day.

JFWIW :yawn:

Where you got the plugs to cover the open area of the use to be safeties ???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the thread, I am thinking of getting one of these for my wife. What are the options to replace the rear sight with adjustables?

Also can anyone recommend a full-size pistol in 380 caliber? Heard of the Bersa and the Walther PK380 but no 1st-hand knowledge. I don't think she'll be able to effectively shoot a DAO trigger or tiny sights. She is capable of racking the slide on my CZ Shadow which was a surprise.

PS - when I had a 22 conversion for Glock, the best use of it was strong-hand and weak hand shooting; once I got really good at that's about all I wanted to do with that gun.

Edited by eric nielsen

Here is a close photo of mine. It came with a safety, and I removed it. This is my favorite gun to practice cheap with. I follow up with a mag of 9mm. The call it a day.

Ordered off the internet.

Here is a close photo of mine.  It came with a safety, and I removed it.  This is my favorite gun to practice cheap with.  I follow up with a mag of 9mm.  The call it a day.

www.?????.com

Here is a close photo of mine. It came with a safety, and I removed it. This is my favorite gun to practice cheap with. I follow up with a mag of 9mm. The call it a day.

www.?????.com

www.icantrember.org

The .22 does not fit my Bladetech Pro holster, to broad in the nose. Same with my Airsoft version of a S&W, which seems to have been closely modelled after the .22, no does fit either. They are all fun and you have to take an extra glance to be sure of which you are playing with, the wife frowns on BB dimples in the sheet rock BUT really gets POed when it is bullet holes!!!! Dang dogs tell on me everytime.

The guy I got my plugs for both sides was on the web, I think on the S&W site m&p Pro area. He made them with a 3D printer and they arrived with a new pin that replace the one you remove with the safety. Took less then five minutes. Sorry wish I had saved his info. My bad. :sick:

I may have found the guy that makes the plugs. I've sent him an email asking about them. As soon as I hear something back one way or the other I'll let you guys know.

EDIT: Found him. He's not actively making the plugs now but would be willing to make a run if 20 people would buy a set. Each order would include 4 plugs and a replacement dowl rod. Cost would be $20 shipped here in the USA. Anyone interested?

Edited by ZackJones

I may have found the guy that makes the plugs. I've sent him an email asking about them. As soon as I hear something back one way or the other I'll let you guys know.

EDIT: Found him. He's not actively making the plugs now but would be willing to make a run if 20 people would buy a set. Each order would include 4 plugs and a replacement dowl rod. Cost would be $20 shipped here in the USA. Anyone interested?

You got him, great. Wish I had saved his information but did not. The $20.00 delivered is a little high for four pieces of plastic and a metal rod, but and I repeat but. Its the only game in town that I know. I paid that and never looked back. Love my M&P 22.

When you guys get your plugs, if you have questions on installing them drop my a IM, will be happy to help.

:D

If there is enough interest just forward the info and I will jump in. Zack, is your photo perhaps from CAW CAW or possibly from one of the plantations? Nice.

It's from Cypress Gardens. It's the wild flower field they have.

As far as the plugs go we have about 4 people interested so far so we're a bit short of 20.

• 2 weeks later...