Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

feeling the trigger

Yah, Erik, I agree with that, especially with a Glock. It's just a matter of knowing when (and being able) to turn it on and turn it off. A couple of weeks ago I shot a 27 round field course that ended with a plate rack at about 15 yds. I felt what you mentioned above and went shot for shot.....that was cool. BTW, I like the p/g references.......

Turtle

When I shoot a nice 1911 trigger I tend to ingore the "feel" that is so important with a Glock trigger and just pull through the travel. If I shoot it more like I shoot a Glock trigger, good things happen.

Maybe we need a mantra along the lines of "feel what you need to feel" to go with "see what you need to see." The harder the shot, the more "in tune" you need to be with the trigger.

Shooting groups and pinning the trigger back until you see the front sight again is a good way to learn that feel too.

When I asked him - "why are you now kicking my ass so consistently?" - SmittyFL told me the same thing about Frank Garcia's class.

Feel the take-up well before the shot breaks. Between targets, even. Been working on that ever since...

• 4 weeks later...

I was checking out a new SV with almost no reset. "I'll never be able to shoot this gun fast," I told its owner. "I need to feel the spring push the trigger back into my finger so I can ride it and shoot fast splits."

Then I proceeded to bang out a whole bunch of .12 splits on the gun. I guess I'm a slapper, not a rider, at short range.