Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Those commercials...

2alpha

where Bob is such a happy fellow.  sheesh is there anyone that stupid to buy this crap? And doesn't his wife look a little too much like him?

And then there's the plethora of bow flex and the like commercials.  No honey you're right I don't have a 6 pack, I got the whole keg baby.

I'm really tired of those pharmaceutical commercials where they never mention what the new wonder pill is for!  "Is Zucksore for you?"  

Well, if it will grow hair on a billard ball I MIGHT be interested, but I'm not really interested if it's for earwax odor control.

Then I twigged why they don't tell you what the new wonder drug is for.  If they make any medical claims they have to tell you about any possible side effects and they don't want to spend the next 10 minutes listing all the liver failure, kidney damage, brain damage, sexual complications, and facial tics.  But no medical claims everybody skips into the sunset holding hands instead of colostimy bags.

Yeah and the FDA makes them list all the side effects experienced by test subjects, even if they are equivalent to or less than the side effects imagined by the placebo test subjects.

Bowflex commercials... like those men's fitness magazines, for closeted homosexuals. Nuff said.

..a Trivia Master ought to be able to find a few simple emotioncons...

At only 400-something posts, I'm obviously still serving that part of my apprenticeship.  Good icon....get a barfing sound in there and I'll bet happy.

What really torques me about those pharmaceutical comercials is that the people that have to use those drugs end up paying for the tv ads!!  For stuff you cant buy without a prescription.  Prescription drugs are expensive enough without adding the cost of national tv ads. It sucks.

Nice pukee Flex.

ljones--

There's a Gold's Gym opening up around here somewhere and so we'll doubtless hear plentyabout the &%@)$*!# equipment as well! How tiresome. Let's hope they don't use beefy jokers in camo! Sorry, that's just not attractive stuff. I wouldn't want to even touch something like that. Bleh! (Now you know.)

Gah, it always blew me away that the pharmaceuticals could advertise at ALL, let alone not flipping tell you what it was their product would/could allegedly do (to you/for you)(mostly TO you)!! Have you ever taken the time (it's a long read, so sit down) to glance at the indications and contraindications info sheets that come with some of your prescriptions...?! Whew! Talk about wanting to flush your prescription!

A couple of years ago there was a 5 page ad in Readers Digest for Prozac. 1 page ad, 4 pages of contra-indications (weazel word for side effects) so I got out the magnifying glass and read the entire 4 pages of warnings.  Yikes!!!!!!

A few months later I see the same ad, NOT!  Still 4 pages of contra-indications but now it's all weazel words instead of the straight up violent, homicidal, suicidal, delusional that was in the first ad.