Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5" 625

Run n Gun

Hey all you wheel gunners, I think I’m going to trade my Heavy Hitter (Ruger SRH 454 Casull) in on a 625 with a 5” barrel. I went to Safariland and their 002 isn’t available for the 5 incher, :o:( so what’s out there? What do you guys use for IPSC?

Thanks,

Ed

I have a 5" 686+ and I use a Frank Garcia Extreme.

I have a buddy with an identical gun that is very happy with his CR Speed.

I personally like the Extreme better. I like the locking mechanism better.

Ray

Hey all you wheel gunners, I think I’m going to trade my Heavy Hitter (Ruger SRH 454 Casull) in on a 625 with a 5” barrel. I went to Safariland and their 002 isn’t available for the 5 incher, :o:( so what’s out there? What do you guys use for IPSC?

Thanks,

Ed

I have an 002 (maybe 5003-- it's got the 012-style mount) that fits my 627PC (5" or 5.5" w/comp) just fine. I got it from the closeout section of the Safariland site because it's a lefty, but they should be available.

Another vote for CR. Just order the stuff through their sight directly. It'll save you a ton. FWIW, Eric G., Max M., Jerry M. all use a CR. It's fast and safe! Just be sure to get one of their belts too. It's amazing!

I have used an 002 and an Aluminator. I like them both just fine. After reading this thread though I want to try a CR. You can still get the 002s on the USPSA board and ebay if you keep watching. Good luck....John DVC

WOW! Thanks you guys!

I was debating whether to drift this thread or start another one about some disturbing news I read about the accuracy potential of the 625… :huh: I think I’d better start a different thread; I’d hate for a Moderator to come along and have to slap me. ;)

Again, thanks for the information,

Ed