Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

factory ammo and moonclips

hennuc

Great forum, thank you for taking the time to help.

I have a S&W 627PC, 8 shot .38. I'd like to try shooting Steel. I realize that with Steel I won't be reloading on the clock, but would like to start off with the right set-up.

Right now I have the S&W clips and most cases leave too much "wooble" on the bullets.

I have seen lots of posts with good info on reloads, but I am confined to store bought ammo.

Can someone recommend a good combination of factory ammo and moon clips?

Thank you

Brad

If you call TK Custom he will recommend to you what brand works best with the clips. I can't remember right off the top of my head.

From TK's site.

Fits most Brass except Starline & Absolutely NO Winchester Brass. Clips are .025 thick Stainless Steel.

I use Hearthco for R-P and Federal brass and TK for Winchester. The TK clips look like they are stamped and the Hearthcos are EDM cut. TK sells Hearthco on his site.

I mainly use the TK clips on Winchester brass for Steel Challenge matches, but I do keep 2 Hearthco clips loaded with R-P cases in case I need to reload. Everyone will need to reload at some time.

Don't have any recommendations on factory ammo, as my trigger is lightened and will not fire factory reliably.

Good luck,

Seiichi

I mainly use the TK clips on Winchester brass for Steel Challenge matches, but I do keep 2 Hearthco clips loaded with R-P cases in case I need to reload. Everyone will need to reload at some time.

Good luck,

Seiichi

That reload stage is called "outter limits" ;) It is usually a 10 to 12 round stage with my 4" 625.

I use Hearthco for R-P and Federal brass and TK for Winchester. The TK clips look like they are stamped and the Hearthcos are EDM cut. TK sells Hearthco on his site.

Don't have any recommendations on factory ammo, as my trigger is lightened and will not fire factory reliably.

Good luck,

Seiichi

TK's are now EDM.

http://www.tkcustom.com/content/whats_new.asp